1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pepsi Throwup

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Papazita, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    So...anyone tried the new Pepsi or Mountain Dew Throwback yet?

I never drank Mountain Dew ("hillbilly p**s," as my parents called it) as a kid, so I can't say how it compares to the original pre-HFCS Dew; but it's not bad. Tastes pretty much the same, but without that weird chemical aftertaste that regular Dew can have.

The Pepsi reminds me of my Grandma. In a good way. Pepsi was only allowed an occasional treat in my house, and I had to share a bottle (glass bottles...remember those?) with my brother.
    Except at Grandma's house. At Grandma's drink we could (gasp!) each have our own bottle! And we could drink the whole thing in one sitting, if we wanted to! That was a big deal to us back then.

Yes, I am bored enough to make this topic.

2. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    The gas station near where I live sells them for $1. A lot cheaper then their HFCS counterparts. It also tastes better than the HFCS -counterpart, smoother without the artificial taste.

3. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    diet_coke_bacon.

4. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    And you are like as old as my parents!

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    My old school was in a city that for some reason had a substantial population of Nigerian immigrants which meant that I had a number of them as students.

I always thought it was weird that years apart, 3 or 4 of them individually made the offhand comment that Coke tasted better in Nigeria. Come to find out that it's still made with real sugar there. Go figure.

6. what the hell is pepsi throwback and why havent i had any yet?

7. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Pepsi Throwback. Made with "natural sugar" (a blend of cane and beet sugars), rather than high-fructose corn syrup.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can't wait to try this... I'm glad it's easier to find soda without HFCS these days.

9. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    It'll only be available through the summer, though...

10. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    In some of the stores around here that cater to Mexican immigrants, you can buy imported Coke and Pepsi made with real sugar - bottled in Mexico.

Its an improvement from the stuff bottled here with HFCS.

11. Hmm, I would like to try that. I bet its not in Canada though.

12. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Mexican water, too? Mmm mmm!

13. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Mexican coke is fine. It doesn't give you Montezuma's Revenge. And it tastes a hell of a lot better with actual sugar.

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you want some meskin water? hit up my toilet after i take a leak. LOL :D

15. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Ever hear of a thing called Swine Flu?

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    (its not really real)

17. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    (shhhh[oink])

18. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    I went to mexico about 6-7 years ago. I felt the vengeance. Due to some events which make up a long story we were in a 5 star hotel. ******* gorgeous, and completely free for us. Every type of food you could imagine, but I was glued to the porcelain god 5 minutes after I would eat (on the plus side I lost 10lbs sitting down!) Day before we left we went on a snorkeling trip to this little town by the resort, this Mexican dude gave us pepsi and a burger as part of the trip. I figured "hell I'm already ******* my brains out after I eat so I don't give a **** if I get sick again." That was the greatest pepsi I've ever had in my life, and I abhor pepsi (cept wild cherry). I also didn't get sick.

19. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Wait a minute, what's this HFCS?

I've noticed though, that mountain here is not the same. When i went back home to india, the dew there was way better. More fizz (oddly enough) and the taste was better. Is this the stuff you guys speak of?

20. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Pepsi_Mountain_dew_can_bottle.