Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

perfect walter woods carrying bag

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by klepto, Apr 22, 2005.

1. klepto

klepto Guest

Nov 10, 2004
    i just realized that my walter woods fits really nicely into an old laptop bag that i had around and there's plenty of room for cables, accessories and sheet music or a fake book

eh... i just thought i'd share this epiphany with everyone

2. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    I can dig it! I've been keeping mine in an old bag that used to be for an old Mac Powerbook for about five years now. Has a big pocket for cables and stuff. A WW is the coolest bass amp ever, IMHO.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I really like the Mooradian cover for my WWU. It's not the cheapest, but it is not unreasonable (I think about $75-80). And the strap has saved me at a gig where I for some reason forgot to bring a strap for my electric bass. The shoulder strap on the Mooradian bag fits perfectly over the strap "knobs" on the bass, but don't slip off!

And yes, Walter makes an excellent product!

4. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Now, I just went and did what Walter suggested, which was to go down to WalMart (we actually called it "K-Mart" in those days) and buy a plastic briefcase designed for the transport of not one but two handguns. Said cases do seem to be a common item in the sporting goods section of these kinds of places, and they come with a ton of foam padding to snugly protect the contents. A perfect fit!

Plus, these cases have all kinds of screaming eagles and American flags embossed in the hard plastic on the outside, so if'n you live in a red state like I do you won't get too much trouble from the locals on your way to your free-jazz hootenanny...

5. se_jazman

se_jazman

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweden
    I just got a high quality gig bag for my Walter Woods Ultra amp.

It is a padded camera bag:
    Lowepro, Omni Traveler (approx. US price $90-$100).
    I paid SEK 995.00 here in Sweden.
    There is also an optional hardshell case.

The bag has three pockets for accessories, two on the outside and one on the inside of the lid.
    (Check out: http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Hard_and_Soft_Shell/classic/Omni_Traveler_and_Traveler_Extreme.aspx)

I attach some pictures of the bag with the amp.
    The amp fits perfectly inside and is well protected by padding.

Regards,
    Stefan

Attached Files: