1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peterson Stomp as DI + Through?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by MNAirHead, Apr 26, 2010.

1. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Has anyone tried this.. doesn't have to be super hi fi..

Need something with all the cables on the same side.. most DIs go left to right.

Tim

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I have one of the older blue Strobostomps, and was surprised to find that although it's DI worked OK, it didn't sound all that great... Of course, after gigging with a JDI for a year, my bar was set pretty high - but that was IME...

- georgestrings

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    why not? it's one of the best tuners you can buy anyway.

(edit: i haven't actually heard its DI, so i can't comment on sound quality.)

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

I'm not sure what you're asking, if it's regarding my post... FWIW, I love the tuner - and definitely am keeping it, along with a racked Korg DTR-2000... Although when used as a DI, I found it lacking when compared to the Radial JDI, or the DIs in the NeoPak 3.5, GBE 600, T-Max, 700rb-II, or the XDR-95, so I never use it that way...

- georgestrings

5. Guys, he’s not interested in the tuner, only in the DI – see this thread.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Pedulla Club #45

6. MNAirHead

I own some petersons.. never used the DI.. they stay velcro'd to my rack drawer.. had thought about this as an option to send a pass through and DI signal....

The guys on the Rolls thread may have solved it .. I didn't connect the 2 threads as the peterson is an active.

7. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Strobo DI is not good.

8. MNAirHead

Thanks.. I've heard this..

I've only used it in rush setups or when something fails.. sound guys are relieved that theres a fast solution..

9. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I have a blue strobo. The DI worked fine although when activated it sucks batteries (as in a 9 volt for the gig). Too bad the tuner was not road worthy and my display went white.

10. There is something else funky with it also... can't quite remember, it's been a while. Something about the unit not being true bypass when the DI is activated with the DIP switches.

Regardless, there are much better DI's and also better tuners.