Phaser Fiends Challenge - best phaser for $90 or less on Amazon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Hey guys,
    This past summer I tried a phaser for the first time and liked it, a lot. So I've just spent too much money on gear, but I have 90 dollars left of an Amazon gift card. So I ask, what's the best phaser available on Amazon for a bassist who loves od, fuzz, rock and a bit of stoner. Thanks!!!

2. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    If you're willing to add $10, very easy - the Electroharmonix Bad Stone reissue. Ridiculously quality pedal.

jazznrick likes this.
  3. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The OG! MXR Phase 90...

jazznrick likes this.
  4. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    It's digital, eh? Does it sound digital?

Personally, I'm all about the Phase 90 and the Small Stone. Phase 90 has an amazing tone but I like the color switch on the Small Stone a lot, too. I only wish they came with a blend knob or wet/dry knobs. I usually hate blend knobs, but for phasing and flanging bass, I think it would help a lot. My big problem with phasing is "Now you hear the bass, now you don't." But I remember in the 80's and 90's when I used effects, I'd go into ch 1 of my SVT clean and ch 2 dirty, and I'd put the phaser in ch 2 and just jack up the knobs so you could tell it's on, and then the lows didn't drop out.

jazznrick likes this.
  6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I don't think it sounds digital. I think they have the 4-Stage and 8-Stage mixed up on the toggle switch, though. It has a Mix (blend) knob which comes in handy.

JimmyM likes this.
  7. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    If you’re looking at a 90, what about a Phase 95? Small footprint, more tonal options, in your price.

Edmang and jazznrick like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021