1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Phenoix's bass linkin park

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lonergamefreak, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. umm what kind of bass does he use and his style of playing?

2. Musicman stingray and uh...linkin park-ish music? I dunno. I saw an article on him in Bass Guitar magazine. It mentioned him being classicly trained..

I saw them play live when they toured with Metallica over the summer..and let me tell you..there's nothing classical about his basslines. I didn't even know they HAD a bass player until I saw a bass up there.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    what date were you at.

i was at the atlanta show. not bad performance from Linkin Park really, well for pop/rock/rap/whatever. thought the deftones were horrible, but everybody else on the bill brought their A game, playing wise.

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Not technique related. Off to basses.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not Basses related. Off to Bassists.

:D

6. I believe I read an interview where he was not trained in bass playing at all. He more or less just picked it up when the band formed. I would say he's far from a virtuoso, but I suppose he gets it done within the parameters of the band. I saw them on the same Metallica tour, and believe it or not, they sounded really good and got the biggest reaction from the crowd next to Metallica. To bad they had Mudvayne playing first because they were the best band on the whole bill. I would say maybe half of the crowd at best showed up for Mudvayne.

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, I saw the Summer Sanitarium tour as well... AND...

I literally have to pay attention to find a bass riff in most of LP's stuff, which bums me out, because I like alot of thier music.

They were a good live show, but IMHO, Mudvayne's bassist is 10 times what Phoenix is.

8. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Don't forget the Deftones :D

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Don't forget Grand Funk Railroad...

wait, what's this thread about?

10. OMFG 1 hour of rambling noise! Someone break that band up! :spit:

The singer..Ching or some crap..was talking crap about James Hetfield. And I quote: "That m*****f***** just stands there and plays, he doesn't do anything on stage."

I saw that Ching Chico Chong whatever guy onstage...he stood in ONE SPOT FOR THE ENTIRE SET.

Who else sucked...Bizkit was good except for Durst, who was talkin smack about britney spears. Man, we show up to listen to music, not to hear about Fred's personal life, I mean come ON.

Mudvayne was good. They shouldn't have been the first ones on though, that was a shame. 30 minute set :meh:

Oh, and I was at the Aug 3 Dallas show. It was James Hetfield's birthday :D They smothered him with pies onstage in front of 70,000 people :D

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.