Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pickup decision

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by msr88b, Jul 19, 2004.

1. msr88b

msr88b

Apr 19, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    ok, I have decided to get some bartolini pickups and preamp off of bestbassgear.com. The configuration im goin for is the MM pickup with a jazz neck pickup and a 3-band preamp. The only conflict going on in my mind right now is whether to ge the tri-coil MM pickup, or the other "deep tone" one. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Michael r.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW,

that's a hard call cause you don't know till you stick it in and it's according to your ears not someone elses. The triple coil has a million wiring options - which may or may not suit your taste. It was a softer less trebly tone in my experience than the MMC. I would probably give some consideration to the brighter J but that's me.

Anyway, you do a search for "EXPERIMENT" and pull up Dimento's MM experiment. I ran MM's including with a J and I don't recall if I stuck it in the MM or J experiment but think it's in the MM.

Last check on bestbassgear, they didn't have the MME listed in stock. I listed some pups for sale and looked there to see what retail was - seems about $130 last check. Anyway, I've got an MME for sale for $80 or so shipped (whatever it was, I'd have to look). If you want it, I'll sell it to you and will buy it back for the same if you decide it's not your cup of tea. If you pay to ship it back and don't trash it that is.

3. msr88b

msr88b

Apr 19, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    luknfur, Thankyou very much for the info and the offer, but I have decided to go with the MMC.
    Thanks, Michael

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I'm interested.
    I sent you a PM earlier today re the Status thread with my email addy in it.