Playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by RobBottom69, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RobBottom69

RobBottom69

Aug 2, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    I'll be playing 3 days this weekend, at Bruno's Pizza on Fillmore St. in San Francisco, June 30th, July 1 and July 2nd 9:00pm to midnight. Never did a 3 consecutive gig before, so I'm looking forward to this. This is the same band that I subbed in a couple months ago. The guitarist is using the drummer that I've been playing with the last couple years, so we lock in for the most part. Guitarist and drummer are longtime friends. Got a bunch of new tunes that I need to work through for the guest singers, but nothing unmanageable.

The Fillmore Street Jazz Festival is happening on the weekend too. Guitarist said they got a lot of foot traffic after the festival last year. I hope they fill up the tip jar!

nixdad, SWRnut, McG and 4 others like this.
  2. devnulljp

devnulljp

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I love gigs like that. One get-in, one setup, one tear down but 3 days of music and pay!

3. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    That's if you don't mind the risk of your gear walking...
    Maybe with the right lock space or insurance we'd be willing.

How were the gigs?

4. RobBottom69

RobBottom69

Aug 2, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    My gig at Bruno's Pizza 6/30-7/2/17

I have a few pics and audio.

I left my cab there but not my amp and bass. It was a risk but it was a PITA getting the gear in with Fillmore St. closed.

craigie likes this.
  5. devnulljp

devnulljp

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I live on an island and it's pretty chill here. Theft rates are really low. Gigs were great too.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022