1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me identify this guitar! :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Moped, May 22, 2012.

1. Johnny Moped

Johnny Moped

May 22, 2012
    Hello, I'm from Poland and 2 weeks ago I've bought this guitar for 120pln / c.a. 22 gbp.
    http://imageshack.us/g/560/img0004jt.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/g/685/img0119kd.jpg/

Is it Burns?
    I'm comparing to this gallery: http://www.gbase.com/gear/burns-baldwin-shadow-bass#

You can see screw holes in front of the body, probably left after those plastic pieces. on the bottom you can see a hole after a holding bolt that is moved upper than the original one. What do You think? Is it a real Burns from the 60's? Neckplate was changed, another 2 old holes...

thanks and sorry for my bad english I was doing my best. :):)

2. rogerb

rogerb

Aug 31, 2010
    English was great, it is your linking that sucks :)

I can't see any photos they all error out on me.

3. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Englesh-good
    Linkee-notta good

4. Johnny Moped

Johnny Moped

May 22, 2012
    sorry for that broken links, now everything should be OK. :):) On another forum someone said that this could be something like Teisco, I'll unscrew the pickguard soon and maybe something will be written on the pots...

5. Love the username!
    Whatever make your bass is, it is a real bargain. I see you paid 120 zlotys, the equivalent of £22 sterling or 35 dollars. Bring a few similar over to the UK and make yourself a nice profit. Got to be worth minimum £100 over here..
    Your English is fine by the way.

6. rogerb

rogerb

Aug 31, 2010
  7. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    It's a copy of the Burns "Shadows" bass (1964). It doesn't particularly look Japanese. I'd guess it might have been made somewhere in Eastern Europe. Or possibly in Italy - the pickups and knobs are similar to those used by Eko in the mid-'60s.

8. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    The perloid work looks Italian but the influence is clearly Burns. One of those knobs looks like a Raytheon replacement.

9. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    Univox ?

10. Johnny Moped

Johnny Moped

May 22, 2012
    Thanks for the answers and yes, my pickups are very similar. Those EKO guitars have any value? I hope that more than 22gbp ;p;p , probably soon I'll must put that gear on eBay cause I'm saving money for a car :)

11. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    At £22 you did ok, but Eko guitars don't bring any real money. If you need money for a car, you're going to have to find about 30 more of those guitars. At least.

12. Johnny Moped

Johnny Moped

May 22, 2012
    Thanks for Your answers again, I'll think about selling it. Cheers!