1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Master_Basser, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. Master_Basser


    Jan 7, 2005
    hey, I've been playing bass for 7 months now...but I've been avoiding playing songs with styles i dont know...like palm muting...or a mute note.. and a bunch of other weird soundin ones...so if someone can tell me what all the styles are called like name them and give a description...that would be great...thanks

    But please help me... :crying: :crying: :crying:
  2. DaionSavage


    Mar 22, 2005
    Hello Master Basser (wish i would thave been a bassmaster after only 7 months)
    I dont know what the styles are called, but palm muting i would think is when you put the edge (karate side) of your right hand over the strings to dampen them, i guess it would work best if you are playing with a pick, i dont think it would work so good if you are a fingerplayer, but if you do the Paul McCartney thumbplaying style it would work.
    A mute note, i dont really know, sounds like a contradiction to me, maybe it was a note you meant to play but you changed your mind ;-)
    I hope someone better educated can give you some real answers...

    Have a good one!
  3. hi bassmaster

    did u get my return pvt msg?

    if you have other questions, im only too willing to help.
  4. And for all TB-ers, can we all please be very careful when giving advice to new players??

    Bad habits are hard to amend, and none of us should be giving advice that we cannot back up with years of teaching or experience.

    my rant, thanks
  5. DaionSavage


    Mar 22, 2005

    Sorry if my reply made you confused, I told you what i thought it was, wich was apparently wrong, so now i also wonder what palm muting and mute note is...