Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

poll - Ashdown vs Ampeg ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelu, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Ashdown ABM500 evoII

58 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Ampeg SVT3pro

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    I have the choice of :
    -Ashdown ABM500 EvoII (1000euros)
    -Ampeg SVT3pro (1100euros)

Which would you take and why ?

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    IMO the Ashdown can do everything the SVT3 Ampeg can do and more. My Ashdown ABM300 is also louder despite the powerrating. I´ve owned both myself and setteled for the Ashdown. I love it.

3. I'll get the Ashdown.

4. In my opinion I would go for the Ashdown, but if you can get the Ampeg SVT-CL or SVT-2 you will be better...:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    I own an ampeg svt5 pro...and I would go with the ashdown..the 3 pro was lacking when I a/b'd it. Can't go wrong with ashdown in my eyes..they are awesome.

Dan

6. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    I'm quite surprised with your opinions, I thought that all Talkbass mambers would have say me : ''Come on ! Ampegs are the best ! !''
    I will buy The Ashdown :)

7. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    This one ! new For only 1000euros
    :D

8. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    While I don't have any experience with Ampeg, I am a big Ashdown fan...

I love my ABM 300 EVO!

Cheers,
    Chris

[​IMG]

9. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    May I ask where it can be bought at such a price??? :eek:

10. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    You won't be disappointed. :)

11. very versitile, i am very happy with mine...

12. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    wow nice config !
    are the cabs good ??

13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Ashdown.

14. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Don't know if you were talking to me or Rowan, but I like the mini-cabs. They give me the great warm, vintage rock/country vibe I like. I am using the mini 115, and mini 112 right now, but I am saving to pick up a 4x8 for a little extra punch. Some folks don't like the sound, but for my style, they are the nuts!

Cheers,
    Chris

15. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    uhm... weird...it's pretty cheap. maybe in england. i've see 1145 in germany: http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/englisch/index.htm

i'd like to know as well for the 1000 euros.

I love ampeg but ashdown is great also. maybe ashdown cos ampeg is very expensive in france

16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    No experience with Ampeg....but I own an ABM 500 EVO.....and I say get the Ashdown! Mine cost £749 GBP - so just over the 1000 Euro mark!

17. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I have the Ashdown Mini 48 and Mini 15 cabs to go with the ABM 500 EVO head! The sound is awesome, and trasnporting them is a doddle!

18. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ashdown is the way to go. so far probably best amps ive played minues aguilar and some mesa gear. get teh ashdhown, you wont regret it.

19. Bluebomber

Bluebomber

May 2, 2000
    Korea
    Im weighing the same options right now. And im definatley leaning toward Ashdowns, but i have a few concerns.

Ive heard some bad things about their reliability and their customer support. Im in USA and ive heard their customer support is awful here, but pretty good over in Europe. Have you guy had any problems?

The shop near me said Ashdown is completley redesigning their model and the new versions wont be here till april. Have you heard anything about that? is there a difference?

20. Bluebomber

Bluebomber

May 2, 2000
    Korea
    Also what do you guys know about the cabinets.

should i get the MAG410T or the ABM410T?

Also have you ever heard of the ABM-410H? Is that the old model? Whats the difference? Its a good price at $600, near the same price as the MAG410?