1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ported 410 cab or sealed?..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by valleybass94, Aug 16, 2012.

1. valleybass94

valleybass94

Jul 30, 2012
    im looking to get a 410cab to get some punch outta my sound.i have a carvin 15" in a front,but side ported cab already but i lack "the punch". can any one make some recommendations please? or can it be possible to just get a 210 cab for that matter? please help :confused:

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Well... I am going with the don't mix and match speaker sizes camp, so I would add another 15 or just the 4x10

3. valleybass94

valleybass94

Jul 30, 2012
    thanks, ur probably right...rite now wut im picturing is lugging around 2 15 cabs and i got tired just by the thought...

4. valleybass94

valleybass94

Jul 30, 2012
    and as far as the 410 cab being ported or sealed? i tried looking for a TB thread on this but i had no luck. thats the only reason i wanted to mix speaker sizes, cuz i want the punchy bass but a nice low end as well...

5. imop sealed cabs usually have a little more punch and the ported cabs are better for lots of deep bass

6. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    A 410 will weigh quite a bit more than a 115.