1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Power Supplies

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by teamothee, Jul 27, 2012.

1. teamothee

teamothee

Jul 27, 2012
    Please redirect me if there is already an answer to this thread. Didn't find one while searching.

What sort of power supplies to people used for their pedal boards? I've heard Voodoo Labs is pretty good.

Any other opinions?

Thanks!

2. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
  3. I use two BBE Supa Chargers and like them a lot. There's been a lot of love for the T-Rex Fuel Tank's as well as the Cioks.

4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Btw voodoo lab just came up with new pp4x4 which is something like cioks dc10 not sure bout the price though

5. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i think the Fuel Tank is like the Dunlop Brick where it's basically a OneSpot in a pretty housing. could be tripping though. but the Brick defo isn't isolated.

Cioks are pricier but usually give you LOADS of options, Voodoo PP2 and the Supa Charger are virtually identical, PP2 has a courtesy outlet on front, i think the Supa has a few different voltage options that the PP2 doesna. but that's only on one or two outlets i think.

really, there's a pretty broad range of power supplies. i'd look at what you're trying to power, then pretend there where 3 more pedals you had to worry about and go from there.

also, keep in mind that there are a BUNCH of pedals that don't mind being daisy-chained off of one isolated out, so you can use the cable from a OneSpot on most power supplies and have up to 8 low mA NON DIGITAL pedz going off of one out.