Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power supply for Digitech

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by air_leech, Oct 28, 2005.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    hey,
    I just got Digitech's XBW bass synth wah.

has anyone a clue if it can run on a regular 9v dc adapter or is it reverse phase or something like that to force you into buying their brand name adapter?

TIA,
    Elad.

2. Elad,

According to the manual, that pedal calls for the Digitech PS200R (9V DC) power supply. It's available at their outlet store. Sells for about 25.00 US. That's pricey for a 9V DC PSU.

Usually the device will have markings near the power jack on the pedal, showing if the jack needs to be center-positive or center-negative. That's showing the polarity.
    You can use virtually any 9v DC supply, as long as you have that polarity right. The power supply will also have markings showing the polarity.That's all there is to these things. The only other problem is that they sometimes use a different-sized plug.

If you have a universal DC adapter (they will usually have a switch to change voltage and polarity) you can usually find one of the plugs that will fit. If you have a supply with a plug that fits, but it has reverse polarity, you can simply cut that end off and wire it in reverse.
    I've found that alot of home cordless phones have 9V DC supplies. I have several laying around, and I just use these with the proper-sized plug, wired in the correct polarity.

Mag...

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's Boss/Dunlop/Morley/Dano/MXR etc. etc. compatible. I use a single One Spot for all my pedals.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Standard Boss type adapter. No problems running something that'll work with a Boss/Dunlop/Morley, etc. Like syciprider, I use a OneSpot too, and have had no problems with it and a BSW in the past.

5. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Get some batteries and loss some unwanted noise. Im sorry, if the unit does not have a battery option, but they are they way to go. Just always have spare ones around.
    Mike

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Actually, you're right. But digital pedals love batteries. So much so that it is a good move to invest in Union Carbide if one is contemplating using batteries all the time.