1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Practice Tool - Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by 1150A, Nov 4, 2013.

1. 1150A

1150A

Oct 31, 2013
    New to bass, but a long time musician. I so far have just purchased a bass and am running it through a borrowed mixer to mess around on. I'm looking to get something of my own to practice with.

I don't really have a budget and preferable, would like to buy something that's built well and I will use in the future.

That being said, I've considered buying a decent head, small cab and running it through headphones (most of the time) since I figure I will need an amp sooner or later. Other options were simple headphone amps like the VOX Amplug, Korg Pandora, Cafe Walter. Or the iOS stuff and an interface like the Apogee Jam (I do have an ipad so this could certainly be an option).

As you can see, I've got plenty of routes I can take and I've got some GAS. Playing Bass is something I've always been interested in and something I see myself doing for some time. I don't mind spending if it'll last me.

2. I started learning bass a little over a year ago and picked up a Tascam bass trainer a few months ago. Awesome tool. Check it out: http://tascam.com/product/gb-10/.

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    This is my preferred method. Grab the Jam and download Jamup XT Pro along with the bass expansion pack and be happy. You'll get a great sound with lots of tools to help with practicing.

4. This, or a 3Leaf Enabler, which admittedly isn't cheap but has versatility for DAYS.

- EDIT - I just found a Cafe Walter in the class-ads (I have no connection to the sale in any way...just passing along info).

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Tascam BT MP3 version.
    Wonderful tool, fits in my shirt pocket.
    Check it out.