1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prat Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danny Husk, Jan 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Danny Husk

Danny Husk

Jan 9, 2018
    Has anyone gotten completed builds from Oscar Prat recently?

Garret Graves and Adam Wright like this.
  2. Danny Husk

Danny Husk

Jan 9, 2018
    Has anyone even been able to communicate with him?

3. jamro217

jamro217 Supporting Member

Welcome to TB. Just responding to let you know that your posts are working. Have a great day.

FingerDub likes this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    It's Pratt with two "t"s isn't it? I think I read somewhat of a horror story here a few months ago, might want to search for the older thread - not sure it was ever resolved...

gebass6 and Garret Graves like this.
  5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    gebass6 likes this.
  6. Danny Husk

Danny Husk

Jan 9, 2018
    Yes I saw that thread, it was closed otherwise I would've chimed in there. My fear is he's gone awol.

*It's Prat with one "t"

7. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Thanks yeah, Pratt with 2 "t"s is the bass player, oops. Wires crossed in my head somewhere.

8. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I met him at NAMM and played 3 of his instruments. All were great and I could tell he puts a lot into his work. Seems like a reliable guy.

9. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    That was my impression as well, prior to the stories of him skipping the country leaving customers in the lurch... ...I'm not throwing stones, I don't know the details, just saying stones were thrown... ...I'd be very hesitant to send any business that way myself.

FingerDub likes this.
  10. Danny Husk

Danny Husk

Jan 9, 2018
    Hopefully someone with an in-progess build will see this and chime in.

11. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I can't speak for everyone, but the people I have spoken to have either not received their basses, or have had to go to great lengths to get their basses from the finish shop where they were supposed to be "finished" and shipped. These people have either paid someone else to finish their basses or have finished them on their own. A lot of people have remained silent publicly, but communicated with me in private.

gebass6 and Garret Graves like this.
  12. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I had no idea. I would hope that he realizes he can't be in business if he doesn't play fair. Now I'm curious to see how he's been recently. Maybe the past has been blown out of proportion...

13. Danny Husk

Danny Husk

Jan 9, 2018
    Probably not a good sign that he's apparently in Spain but still has non-functioning US phone # on his website.

bholder and Garret Graves like this.
  14. pratbasses

pratbasses

Jan 20, 2010
    Spain
    Hi Guys.

Yes, still in bussiness :) like the last 15 years. I hope to work making basses for 15 years more!

I have a new web

In Spain, yes, I did explain why (family stuff). I don't going to explain it anymore.

Also I have a luthier school in Madrid

I will post in talk bass soon if I have time.

Cheers!

thewarrior likes this.
  15. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Make sure everyone gets what they paid for and all will be good here. ;)

gebass6 likes this.
  16. While I appreciate the sentiment “all will be good”, If I had been waiting, wondering, agaonizing over losing my money like some. Even getting my instrument wouldn’t give me complete satisfaction.
    But I would get some satisfaction from getting something, even if it was an unfinished instrument.
    Hopefully the phrase “time heals all wounds” will apply, as well as the inverse of the phrase,
    “Time wounds all heels”

17. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012

18. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012

19. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012
    I have found that people find time to do what they feel is important.
    Things undone are not important

20. thewarrior

thewarrior

Dec 1, 2016
    I'm glad you responded!
    I'm glad you responded! After your old site went down, I got really worried that you wouldn't be around anymore. I'm still interested in having you design and build those two 8-string, and the 24 string basses! Update: He is still around, but he is busy with his school. It just looks like he didn't update his domain name for his website.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018