Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre-'Bucker???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Has anyone here ever heard of a precision pickups coupled with a humbucker?? I know that their are J/H combos, but I'm talking about P/H combo. I figured that the low end precision pickup coupled with a big bad 'bucker would give off an evil tone.

Plus, the humbucker would be tapable (S/P/S) so I could get a P/J sound out of it as well.

Anyone ever heard or thought of this?? Do any builders utilize this configuration?!

Discovery to the Darkside?
    ~Ryan

2. Sounds like the Fender Precision Deluxe...

Mike

3. I'm not a Fender man by any means... but I looked into it, and yes I guess it's the same idea... But that bass would cost me over a grand to buy, and I don't think I am willing to spend that much on it. The American Fenders are just too overpriced for me, I think they deserve maybe a 700-800 price tag, but seriously, 1200?? Whatever.

~Ryan

PS, Can anyone comment on the tone of this bass???

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Worth $1200, actually.

5. You just asked if anyone had ever heard of or thought of it, and I was merely pointing out the most obvious example.

6. I hope noone took what I said as a hostile comment, I meant it like that in no way whatsoever.

I am glad that you pointed it out to me, it gave me a direction to go in when asking about the tone of the pickup combo, and for that, I thank you.

I'm planning on building a bass, and am just wandering if this would sound decent or not.

Again, I'm no Fender guy, but the more I look at that American Deluxe, the more I get cotton mouth! (*drool*)

~Ryan

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    The american deluxes are worth the money. You COULD find one used. I love my american deluxe jazz.