Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by milesdf, Jul 21, 2005.

1. milesdf

Jun 12, 2005
    Any opinions on the Dean Markley Bass Preamp DB model? I cant find any reviews anywhere, and I found a good price on one.

How about the sansamp rackmount unit and the $300 BBE unit?

2. Sans Amp RBI is smokin!!! I'm not familiar with the Dean Markley. The BBE has gotten decent review, the Bmax and Bmax-T. Check out, they have a lot of pres you can listen to. Bottom line, go try some out. Good luck. Also, the Fender TBP-1 is awesome.
  3. milesdf

Jun 12, 2005
    How about the ampeg SVIIT?

its beetween the SVIIT and the BBE BMAX.

4. I have a 15 year old BBE, the "383", which includes their Sonic Maximizer technology, though not by that name (the call it the "BBE Process" in this incarnation). 5 band EQ, compressor, etc. It still works great after all these years, and works with all my basses from passive to active to onboard preamp.

Don't know how it compares to their newer offerings, but if I had to do it over again I'd get one of these in a minute. From a cursory look over at Musician's Friend it looks like the BMAX has many of the same features as mine.

-- Sam
  5. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    I recently bought the BBE Bmax-T. I also own the "ol" BBE 383 bass preamp. The sound difference to say the least is HUGE!
    The Bmax-T is just the best thing you can buy to make your bass shine (especially on modern instruments, older fender like basses should get enough warmth from the regular BBE Bmax)
  6. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Out of the 3 I would go with a the tech 21 RBI.

I've heard sound clips of it and love the overdrive it produces, great for rock stuff.

7. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I love BOTH my tech21 RBI's, one for both of my rigs...