1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Primanti Bros.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Noseferatu, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    [​IMG]

WOW!. I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh so I frequently go there for various reasons. Pittsburgh is a great city.

Anyway, I had always hear dthe legend of the Primanti Bros. sandwich but never realized how true it was until I tried one this weeked. All I can say is: WOW!

It was GREAT. if I kept eating them, I'd probably only live to be 40.:D I had the philly cheese variant and it was just great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I highly suggest trying one of these if you live anywhere in a 70 mile vicinity of Pittsburgh if you haven't ever eaten one.

Also, I believe there's one in Florida.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this.

:)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You are probably the last person in Pennsylvania to try one. :D

-Mike

3. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    Yep. Just make sure you're up to speed on your Vytorin! Watched game 7 of the Stanley cup finals there last year.

4. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    You live in western Pa too? Where are you, if you don't mind me asking.

And yes, on the Vytorin.

:p

5. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    I haven't had one of those in over 20 years. But I'd kill for one right now.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Maybe it's because I've never had one, but I've seen them plenty of times on various food network shows, etc., and they just don't look that good.

7. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    Nosferatu - Beaver Falls...Not too far from you.

Cheeze - They're particularly good at about 2 am on a weekend night after many beers. Initiation for most is in a less than sober state.

8. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I go to the one on A1A in Ft Lauderdale Fla......it's open 24 / 7 and there is always a crowd after the bars let out..it's right on the beach

9. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA

My uncle lives in Ft Lauderdale. That's the only reason I knew there was one down there.

10. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    I actually live in the West Middlesex/New Castle area. Do you live anywhere near the Shippingport nuclear reactor?? I'd never seen it before until about a week ago. First nuclear power plant I've ever seen. Then, being the paranoid freak that I am, started to wonder if I needed to get some Iodine tablets. :D

11. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I was out there last week for All-State Chorus and hit Primanti Bros. a couple of times - EXCELLENT sandwich, and definitely a must-try for anyone visiting the Pittsburgh area. Don't let the looks fool you.

12. I love Primanti Bros. They make the best sandwiches hands down. I still think the sandwiches from the one in the Strip District are the best tasting.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    They are good for sure, but I make a point of stopping by Southside Steaks everytime I am in the Burgh.

-Mike

14. *checks for visa and passport...... then stares down at his belly* :(

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Too many onions

16. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    A lot of those "onions" are cole slaw

17. masterfader87

masterfader87

Jan 18, 2010
    I was born and raised on Primanti Bros and Iron City....lived 5 minutes walking distance away from the southside location. They knew me by name and order there. might explain why I'm overweight.....

18. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Pittsburgh native here and I don't like the things. They're ok but there is way too much hype I've never really been that wowed by them.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That too.

20. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I love that place. Great sandwiches! Ive tried to emulate but it is just not the same!!!

Hey OP - if you are in Hermitage you must be familiar with Quaker Steak & Lube - Great wings huh? My wife is from Sharon and I will go there and Billy's Black and Gold (A bar dedicated to Pittsburgh sports) when in town.