1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Roger, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Roger

Roger

Nov 5, 2003
    Hello,
    I'm trying to play this Song since two weeks.
    I had no Problems but there ist one thing I cant play. Its the last variation of the main Riff, it goes like this:
    PHP:
    G||--------2-4-7-10-7----10-9-7-5--|-----9-0-5-9-0-5-9-0-5-9-5-5-4--||
    D||--0--0--------------0-----------|--------------------------------||
    A||--------------------------------|--5-----------------------------||
    E||--------------------------------|--------------------------------||
    it's very fast(132bpm).
    Does someone know how to play it easer, or has someone another version of this part? It's just too fast, and I can't go so fast like this from the 5th to the 9th fret.

so long...
    Roger

P.S. I'm sorry about my bad english :(

2. Intead of playing the note at the ninth fret on the G string, you could hit the same note on the fourth fret on the D string...that way you'd only have to move one fret rather than four....:)

3. By the way....this might get more responses if it were in the Tablature Forum.

4. Or, you could play up at the 9th fret and hit the 10th fret on the D string. That would be easier.

5. Roger

Roger

Nov 5, 2003
    Thanks!
    This works nice.
    It's still fast. But now I can tab this part.

6. That's what I meant to say...I guess my brain hadn't fully engaged. My previous answer wouldn't even work.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would say that is a mid-range tempo - fast would be about 160 and very fast would have to be around 190. I've heard Jazz musicians play effortlessly, at tempos above 220!! :eek:

8. Roger

Roger

Nov 5, 2003
    for me it's fast ;)
    220bpm? I don't think that this sounds good.