profile question

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by superbassman2000, Dec 27, 2004.

1. so i was looking around at the member list and i saw the "group memberships" list, and every profile i looked at said "superbassman2000 is not a member of any public groups"
    (using my profile as an example) what is an example of a public group for people to join?
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    The public groups deal is a feature built into VBulletin (our forum software), however we currently do not have any public groups set up. It's an interesting idea... The way it works, is a user is granted by the admin to be a group leader - say, for example, JT could be set up as the leader of a new "ERB'ers" group. Other users would then 'apply' for membership in the group - the applications would go to JT, and he'd be able to admit members at his discretion.

It's an interesting idea... Group members can be distinguished by a small graphic or text next to their username, similar to the 'Supporting Member' tag. Of course, creating groups like this may very well have it's disadvantages...
  3. that can be a cool idea! i say you should set some groups up by area, such as Texas, New York, Wisconsin, England, Japan, British Columbia. That might be a good way to send out GTG info or find TB'ers in your area...something like that!
  4. I'm going to bump this because i still think its a good idea :)
  5. Ditto.