Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

profile question

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by superbassman2000, Dec 27, 2004.

1. so i was looking around at the member list and i saw the "group memberships" list, and every profile i looked at said "superbassman2000 is not a member of any public groups"
    (using my profile as an example) what is an example of a public group for people to join?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The public groups deal is a feature built into VBulletin (our forum software), however we currently do not have any public groups set up. It's an interesting idea... The way it works, is a user is granted by the admin to be a group leader - say, for example, JT could be set up as the leader of a new "ERB'ers" group. Other users would then 'apply' for membership in the group - the applications would go to JT, and he'd be able to admit members at his discretion.

It's an interesting idea... Group members can be distinguished by a small graphic or text next to their username, similar to the 'Supporting Member' tag. Of course, creating groups like this may very well have it's disadvantages...

3. that can be a cool idea! i say you should set some groups up by area, such as Texas, New York, Wisconsin, England, Japan, British Columbia. That might be a good way to send out GTG info or find TB'ers in your area...something like that!

4. I'm going to bump this because i still think its a good idea :)

5. Ditto.