1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Psycological disorder club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by king_xanadu, Sep 16, 2008.

1. how many of you have some form of mental issue
    be it ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, OCD, Bipolar, etc.
    are you medicated
    if so what do you take?
    I have ADHD
    I take a low dose of Focalin

2. KiwiGroove

KiwiGroove

Jul 15, 2008
    I have Asperger Syndrome, kinda sucks being 15 with it.

*Edit* No, Im not medicated.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

20 years ago - this would have been a club with zero members...:meh:

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    road rage

5. I'm Just too good looking, I have to take "look ugly" pills.

I'm sorry I just had to

6. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    just CRS

7. real psychological disorders only please :)

8. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Why is this in bass humour?

I'm eligible to join, but I'm not really big on being labelled.

9. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Presumably you think it's good that there's less stigma and more understanding and less people going undiagnosed now?

10. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Undiagnosed, non-medicated ADD (At least have many ADD characteristics).
    Even if I was officially diagnosed when i was younger, it was a time before medicating was a trend.

11. Diagnosed selfmedicated Bipolar. Doesn't seem to be an issue. There is research on the high percentage of bipolar disorder in the art and music world going on now...would be interesting to know.

12. You claim that as a good thing or a bad thing? I hope your not saying what I think you are.

13. I seem to be inheriting my son's ADD- at least many of the behaviors. He has not been officially diagnosed, but on a bad day he's poster boy material. I was hyperactive- they tried Ritalin but it made me a zombie so my folks just dealt w/it(mom pulled her hair out & dad drank). BTW, I think putting this in bass humor negates any right to complain when peeps post 'humorously'. I for one don't mind being made fun of. Beats being ignored. :)

14. excellent point

15. Personally I think people are being over diagnosed.
    Little drugged out zombies are easier to control in the class room.

I do have ADD and dyslexia which does make concentrating difficult at times.

Some times I feel sorry for those people whose minds aren't able to jump from thought to thought like a tv remote.

Actually the dyslexia is the most difficult to deal with, thank god for spell check, and speed dial. When I'm tired It some times take 2 or 3 tries to get a phone number right.

I don't take any meds, I just live with it.

MM

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The fact that you think you know what I'm saying/thinking, tells me a lot! ;)

17. I'm sure I have a whole whack of mental instabilities, but I don't need overpaid pill-pushers to tell me what's "not right" with the inner workings of my mind.

18. No, I gave the benefit of the doubt, from READING WHAT YOU POSTED and said I hope your not saying what I thought you were...Just sounded like a negative comment, and so I asked for clarity. I laughed pretty heartily at your last comment though.. Who is the one making presumtions?! lol ;) Thanks for the humor.

I do think many children are misdiagnosed...and overmedicated. Back in the 70's misbehavior/depression/bipolar among many other symptomatic problems were all called hyperactivity... it was a lack of understanding. Just like all other areas of medicine, mental health diagnosis and treatment has improved. The stigma attached to many "disorders" prevents a lot of people from ever seaking help.

19. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    :rolleyes: I bet you feel really clever.

20. My family makes fun of me all the time, but they are able to follow conversations with me.
    But when my son (who also has ADD) and I get together we drive every body nuts.

The Google 'Reclaim your brain' add made this thread even better.
    MM