Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Puarija is so cute.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, I admit it. For some reason every time I see this avatar [​IMG] I can't help but smile. Look at that mug; he seems like such a nice young man. I bet he loves his mother, pets stray dogs, and helps little old ladies across the street.

He seems like the kind of guy I'd want to give a great big man-hug to (keep the naughty parts 2.5 feet away, with hearty back slaps), buy him a beer at the local biker bar, and talk about Metallica, football, and debate Ford trucks vs. Chevy. He seems like a wholesome type of guy that you'd go fishing with, invite over for a backyard BBQ, and go to Lynard Skynard concerts with. I don't know what it is about him - maybe it's the **** eating grin, or maybe because he looks like Chewbacca. Wookies are trustworthy creatures, so maybe that's the connection.

He's also got a serious GAS problem. Maybe his warm demeanor is a desperate cover for his disease that he is valiantly trying to fight. It's like those little kids who are fighting cancer or something. You admire their struggle, and their smiles seem all the brighter in the face of their situation. Poor Puarija - he puts on such a strong visage. He does not deserve our pity, but he needs our love.

Ok, that was stupid.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    did he pay you to do this?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Did Ben pay you to do this?

4. How much to say something nice about me?

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I HAVE TO EARN A LIVING SOMEHOW :(

6. Man, the wookie connection might be a little insulting in some circles (but not mine, oddly enough).

Mike

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Though I have not technically eaten anything today, I believe my stomach is mutinying.

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i heard puarija's favourite colour is green and he likes to eat icecream and watch movies.

he looked so cute at school today. i saw him in front of his locker wearing a taking back sunday shirt and i was like "LOLZ HAWT"

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Nice monologue... Just backwards order :D :p

10. totally w00kerific. :)

11. I guess this is between guys who work in music stores kinda thing

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Meh....he bumped a whole lot of threads in the For Sale forums.....that was annoying....

On the other hand...Ben Strange is a bit of a hottie

13. odie

odie Supporting Member

+1 On all of that comment.

Something about Ben just makes me....well....I'm blushing now!!! :p

14. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I heard puarija once shot a man just to watch him die, then got distracted and missed it.

15. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    That had me laughing, and I don't know why.

16. there is money in my van little girl

17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    The one by the river?
    [​IMG]

18. Me too.

Mike

19. +1.
    but i got to admit, he is a nice guy.

20. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, I can be cute when I want. See?

[​IMG]

I don't have that same sort of Wookie trustworthyness going on that Puarija does though. I'm more like a scruffy looking nerf herder.

I'm trying to find some shots of Puarija's cuteness-in-a-manly-sort-of-way, but I'm coming up empty. Oh well; I'm sure Gia saved some to her hard drive. Perhaps she could help us out.