PYPB XXXIII - Effects are STOOPID

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
  2. byronkowalski

byronkowalski

Nov 26, 2010
    Ireland
    want,

and also.... WANT.

i wish i had your collection, dayum

3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    029.JPG

Fender Jazz Geddy Lee with Rotosound Funkmasters Stainless Steel Roundwounds

Fender Precision Roger Waters with Rotosound Steve Harris Flatwounds

Boss LS-2 A:
    3 Leaf-Audio Groove Regulator
    Effects Loop Send:
    Boss OC-2: Octave
    "Planeta Fuzz" Wooly Mammoth Clone Gated Fuzz
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah
    Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz
    Behringer BSY-600 Bass Synth
    "Blueberry Muff-In" Guttermouth-Modded Russian Big Muff
    "The Love Box" Fender Sub-Lime Bass Fuzz
    Way Huge Swollen Pickle MK II Fuzz
    Tech 21 Red Ripper
    "Pump N Dump" Montreal Assembly Wrong Side of Uranus
    Baddy One Shoe Infinity Drive
    "Wah-Wah Whale" Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah-Wah
    Effects Loop Receive:

Boss LS-2 Line Selector: allows me to use the effect loop and bypass the GR.
    Boss LS-2 B: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner: blending as neededÂ…..

Clean:
    EHX POG2: Polyphonic Octave Generator
    Strymon El Capistan with Railhead Effects Favorite Switch
    Boss DD-7 Digital Delay with Railhead Effects Pulse Switch

Amp:
    Acoustic BA200 Head
    Acoustic B410 4x10" Cab

This is my perfect set-up: everything has a purpose and not just kinda of there but ALL plays well. I'm GAS free in regards to effect pedals and only want an EBOW-PLUS and I'm good for a long time. Even found the perfect strings, amp, head, basses and overall everything!

What do you all think?

:bassist:

NIGHT SHOT!

032.JPG

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    more loot than skill baybay.

5. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    behndy sick board. and a really great Title for the thread. I don't get why people that don't like effects come in hear and post "I don't use effects" stuff here. or Post a pickture of a cable and say "this is all I need"

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    thanks meng!

'cause they're morons and were hugged way too much or way too little as kids.

"show me on the doll where the bad efx user touched you......"

7. Looks great man! I wish I was content. I'm still pretty new so there is so much I want to try... :bassist:

Haha Too funny. :D

8. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    [​IMG]

9. Going to get an actual pedal board this week. I've been holding off because I wasn't sure on what size (Still am not sure) but I can't take this thing any longer... Will post again once I get it but for now...

[​IMG]

10. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Supporting Member

Love this thread awready.

11. My setup is a bit lacking right now...possibly an updated pic soon though! I'm having a lot of fun running TAFM - Delay - Reverb - Delay.

I MEAN, I WOULD BE HAVING FUN IF I USED EFFECTS. BUT I DON'T BECAUSE FUZZ IS IN THE FRAGILE UPPER HARMONIC TONE FINGERS DUMBLE.

Wait, what...?

12. I've been messing with the order of a few things lately.

[​IMG]

The chain is OC-2> Orbit> Gnome> SYB-5> BEF> Micro Chorus> 105Q> Wasabi> RC-2> Peavey Firebass 700 and a Peavey 115. I've been moving my fuzz, octave, and synth pedals around a bit for giggles.

13. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    "pshawww. i can SO get that tone banging my junk into a pickup."

i. LOVE. WarWickah's. i've not enjoyed the Source Audio stuff i've used, but you make it look SECHSY.

Buttered Sechs On TOAST bishes.

oh jia. and TAFM is such a BEAST.

14. G.Bisson

G.Bisson

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Hi, my name is G and I use effects because I can. My pedalboard is the spice rack of my kitchen of sound. I do enjoy some plain ol' meat-n-potatoes bass guitar sometimes it just needs some ketchup on that ****.

[​IMG]

Achieved pedal tetris level 10 (now the music gets faster!). Stuffed a itsy bitsy Malekko pedal in there just to feel the might of so many effects crammed into such a small package. Well they feel fat and heavy. My pick-up-n-go board needs a diet. This board weighs in at 18lbs not including the case and other spares kept with it.

The Trem won't be staying long. Don't know what use I will find with tremolo. This was my first experimentation with tremolo. Think I was looking for a choppy/stroboscopic/square wave type trem sound to play with and the Malekko doesn't do that.
    Powering 10 pedals is a PITA. There needs to be a power brick with 16 or more isolated connections... with switchable 9/12/18 voltage. Companies must step up to power our pedal addiction.

15. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just got this all hooked up last night. Lovin' it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silly signal chain:

Bass>Schism>geb7>compressore

Ch1: OC-2
    Ch2: OC-2(soon to be replaced by the cubic)>Oxide>ESR in>FrantaBit<ESR send>M5>ESR return>Xerograph>Nimbus

The ESR let's me change the order. I can have Franta>m5>xero, or xero>franta>m5

The broadcast is controlling the freq on the Xero

I get paid to stand out...

16. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    But this is all I need:

[​IMG]

To reach my pedals, of course. :bag:

I'm waiting on a few things before posting any pics. My board is fairly meager at the moment.

17. JSK5String

JSK5String

May 19, 2008
    Littleton, CO
    First page, is that even possible? I told you guys I wasn't changing anything. Here's the proof...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    Haha! Nice.

Maybe he might get paid more if he stands out.

19. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Sterling, that big board is ridiculous. STOOPID in fact.

How does the Nimbus play with the Oxide?

20. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    Hahhah ahahah hahahha hahaha ahhaha ahhahah aa ahaha ahah aa hahaa hahahahaha ahaha aha aha ha!!!!,... uh...ha, ha, ... heh, heh....

oh my... (wiping tears from my eyes)...

Seriously guys (I use this term for gals too, btw), f***ing sweet board set ups here, the big and the little! Clearly we all want to create something new and interesting, not reproduce what others 'expect' a bass to sound like. To quote my avatar, "We are the dream makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream". (yeah, I'm sure he was quoting someone else, still rings true!)

[rant]
    Music is more about creative audio expression than wrote regurgitation. I wish others would vomit their negative opinions during their 'we clean bassists are so under appreciated' group therapy sessions and leave the rest of us out of it.

The 'I don't use effects because I want my bass to sound the way a bass is supposed to' is tantamount to stuffed shirt 'pro' players telling me I should ditch my Thumb and get a P-Bass to be considered a real bass player. Yeah fella, tell that to Ryan Martinie and I hope he punches you in nose with a copy of his interview in Bass Player Magazine...

Wankers... Makes me wonder what their sex life is like... "no honey, I must always be on top because that is how a man is supposed to make love". Sad really... :rollno:
    [/rant]

Anyhoo....

Here is my board again for the new thread.... TAFM is off to Brian H for a gate footswitch.... Yay for me!!! :hyper:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.