1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Q-Tron question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hyper-Flexion, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    the first one is the new XO model, it's casing is smaller. no difference in the circuitry

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I believe they discontinued the second one.

3. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The black one (Q-Tron+ XO) has its own effects loop, which as I understand it gets mixed in according to the state of the envelope, so (for example) you could have a distortion that you only hear when your Q-Tron does its "quack".

It also has the fast/slow switch which the original Q-Tron doesn't have.

Plus I think the XO models have true bypass too, but the older Q-Tron doesn't.

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    The OTHER Q-tron he's talking about also is a Q-Tron+. It has a effect loop, as well as the fast/slow switch, or so the literature says.

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Ack, my bad - I didn't look properly. It's got the fast/slow switch too. I suppose the only difference is the true bypass on the newer model, then.

6. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yup, that's right.

So just to clarify: It's the original Q-Tron+, in a smaller casing, with True Bypass.

7. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I actually shot an email to the folks at EHX a while back asking about how the XO Q+ would sound on bass compared to my Mini-Q. Their response suggested that the new XO Q+ was more along the lines of the Mini-Q in sound rather than the original Q-tron.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    They musta had their heads up their @$$3$ on that day.