1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick SANSAMP ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnnycat42, Aug 19, 2007.

1. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I am thinking of buying a power amp to use my PBDDI as a preamp but I was wondering if there is a way to send an effected signal to the preamp and an uneffected signal to the FOH?

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Use the "Parallel output" to run a dry signal to the FOH and the 1/4" or XLR output to the preamp.

I personally run the "effected" 1/4" out to the preamp and the "effected" XLR to the FOH.

3. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Unfortunately there is no parallel out on the PBDDI. Why they omitted this i'm not sure. Thus i dont not think you can run an uneffected signal to the FOH while simultaneously sending an effected signal to a power amp.

4. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I have the regular BDDI too so I guess I will have to use that to do this. Would I just run the parallel out 1/4" to a 2nd DI (house DI).

Good thing I have both just in case I need it :)

5. Soulfinger

Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Why would you want to do that in the first place? Don't you want the audience to hear your bass as you hear it?

6. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I guess that also brings up the question. Are the sound guys going to be OK taking a colored signal from the XLR to the FOH. I thought the "rule of thumb" was that they wanted a uncolored signal

7. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I ALWAYS send the effected signal to the FOH & its never a problem for me. And my bad on the PBDDI, I peeped the website and gave you info on the wrong pedal. I just looked again & from the pic on the website, it doesnt look like the PBDDI even has a 1/4" output... but I cant say for sure. Anyway, unless you "need" 3 programable channels, the BDDI works just fine... its my pedal of choice

8. ask your engineer what signal he wants... some prefer an unaffected signal, but if you are using fx or something, you might need to send an affected channel...

9. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA

The PBDDI has a 1/4 output and a balanced XLR output, but they are both "affected." It just lacks the parallel output which the BDDI has.

10. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA

Just curious... does the PBDDI have "lazy pots" like the TRI-AC? I have a TRI-AC & I dig the sound for guitar, but I dont care for the lazy pots.