1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quilter Bass Block

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tjreclus, Apr 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    You don’t have to turn it down much, I rather like the detente, set it and forget it

CharlieC and Mike Barry like this.
  2. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Strange question... Well, it's not a psychological compulsion or anything like that I just like the way it responds. At the higher settings it hass a very nice saturation-type compression.

3rdcurve likes this.
  3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I guess this may be an issue if you don’t play really dynamically with your hands but I have personally never had an issue with the detents using any of my basses with the BB800. And, they tend to vary quite a bit in output. I actually like the detents, but I don’t really think about them when I’m playing a gig ;)

If this is such an issue(not casting judgment), maybe the amp isn’t the right amp for certain players. There are so many fantastic heads on the market now that there is sure to be something for everyone. The new Genzler heads have as much slam as anything I’ve played.

beardedclam likes this.
  4. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Ridiculousness... Can't a guy just gripe about a niggling detail on the best amp in the world?:):bassist:

Agosix likes this.
  5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Fine ;)

6. bdplaid

Aug 31, 2007
    Oh no, I didn't realize I was talking to my wife!

7. jeffb28451

jeffb28451 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Leland NC
    Wide open on gain? Then this may not be the amp for you. I’ve had mine (and a few other good amps) for a while and the break up on wide op3n gain is pretty harsh. Perhaps a DG or other “grindier” amp?

8. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Xad likes this.
  9. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    ACK!! reply fail, should have been to bdplaid. :rollno:

[Quote: One should not need an external box to control his volume. Death to detents! : -)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 11:26 AM
  10. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Hi Peter, I was just curious if you had any update on the new BlockDock cabs? Looking forward to getting my hands on a 10TC! :)

11. Cuniliguns

Cuniliguns

Nov 14, 2012
    Portugal
    I do this for all my amps and decided to share with you. A 2D print of the BB80 front panel for you to plasticize ( like you do on covers of your kids shool books for proctection) and then glue with duct tape to the bottom of the BB800.

Use a permanent pen ( the ones that are only removed by alcool) to "save" your BB800 settings on the spot.

BB800_final.

12. golfnsubie

golfnsubie

Jan 17, 2011
    Just received mine last night so haven't spent much time with it but my bass definitely sounds like my bass...Will get it turned up tonight....outdoor shows tomm and saturday and I'm just gonna run it...should run both mas cabs when I need to...and be quite the mini rig with just the 1,8
    20180614_101207. 20180614_095223.

redstrand and triode6L6a like this.