1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rackmount drawers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Inverness, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Inverness

Inverness

Dec 21, 2007
    Marina, CA
    I did a search for these guys, and they don't seem to be very popular around here. One guy said it was heavier than his power amp!? Trust me - I won't have that problem. I have a 12-space rack that currently contains (plus rack spaces):

Furman Power Conditioner (1)
    dbx 266XL compressor (1)
    Korg DTR-2000 (1)
    Ampeg SVT-II (4)

I own a handful of other little knick-knacks and pedals, but not enough to warrant a pedal board (at least, I don't think so). I have an older (i.e., not G2) Sennheiser wireless unit without its rackmounting bay, an EHX Russian Muff Pi, a SansAmp PBDI, and a Li'l Jovi on the way. I also plan on investing in a Yamaha SPX 990 FX processor (1), so that would leave enough room for one of those giant 4-space drawers for the pedals, extra cords, extra strings, and the wireless unit - all to be padded, mind you. I know that a four-space seems a bit like overkill, but that Muff pedal needs a lot of clearance, and I think the 3-space would be a little tight.

So basically, can anyone help me with options? I saw that Middle Atlantic has a variety of options, and that SKB drawers, for some reason, are not highly regarded (as per Musician's Friend). Weight's not really an issue (well, it kinda is), since the SVT-II is going to be way heavier than anything else I could throw in there that doesn't have giant transformers. I mean, how heavy are we talking?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm getting some next week the thing that has thrown me is how expensive they are it's just crazy.

I'm getting mine second hand from a friend own owns his own sound re-enforcement company thay get racks and things all the time from companies that have upgraded or gone bust.