Ramen Soup!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Right now I am sitting down enjoying a nice bowl of beef flavored Ramen soup. I know that there has to be more TBrs out there who LOVE Ramen.

Please share with us your love for Ramen and and your secret recipes! :bag:

One of my personal favorite recipes is as follows.......

**Ramen On The Go**
    By:Elliott DeCesare
    1. bag of ramen
    -Remove dried noodles from bag; Sprinkle noodles with season pouch and eat it like a piece of toast.

Below is a picture of my freshly prepared Ramen soup!

Attached Files:

2. Ramen reminds me of when I was poor & couldn't afford anything else. Aside from that, I like it. Throw some scrambled egg & onion in, & I'm good. I'm good.

Edit:Your picture is making me hungry...
  3. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    hmmmmm ill have to try that
  4. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    get some clab in there with the shlimp fravored roodle
  5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I LLLOVVEEE Ramen Soup! (your noodles look over cooked)
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    LOL i was just about to type that. They look way too mushy.
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's the beauty of Ramen; you can have them as soggy or crispy as you like. I like mine limp.
  8. Delicious stuff. I also used to eat it raw, but it can't be good for you to eat it that way. I've only had cooked ramen a few times. Maybe I should go pick some up?
  9. Oh man... does that take me back. I lived off of ramen for 6 months solid. If I got a break it was because somebody bought me a mercy meal. I can't even smell the stuff even now without feeling queazy....

Get the shrimp flavor and add ****ake mushrooms to it and a dash of hotsauce!
  10. I would eat Ramen if the stuff actually contained protein. Because I lift weights and try to stick to a decent diet, Ramen just doesn't really do it for me.
  11. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My kids love them (ages 7, 5 and 2). They call them "squiggley noodles".

Anyone whose gone through college in the U.S. lived off those things as a staple . . . I know I did.
  12. Yep! I went through my phase with ramen. Great stuff! I think it was like 37 cents a bag back when I used to eat them for every meal. Even though I still like them, I try not to eat them now becasue of their really high sodium content. Not good for me having high blood pressure and all.

If I remeber correctly, one bag is equal to about 50% daily intake of sodium. If I didn't have to watch my salt intake, I'd still be eating them like crazy. :hyper:
  13. very much a staple of the less financial people (ie Uni Students and kids) in Australia, and hey! they're tasty. Here they are called 2-minute noodles and cost about $0.50.

I use a very nice organic brand which cost quite a bit more, but for cooking dishes like Nasi-Goreng etc, you can't substitute them.

I am a very keen cook. I work in event hospitality so I see a heck of a lot of produce on the market, and Asian cookery is very prevalent in Australia.

And yes, those in the picture are over-cooked. :D
  14. Sorry, I meant to add something valuable to the thread! Doh!

Ok, you can always "dress up" noodles.

First thing is to get some onions, diced finely, into a shallow pan with some hot oil going. cook and stir constantly until the onions are brownish/clear. Add some lovely chopped Asian vege's (carrot, brocolli, spring onion/shallot, baby corn)
    and some soy sauce.

Now, at this stage, adding the (boiled) noodles will give you a very tasty and decent vegetarian meal.

To turn this meal into a Nasi Goreng, you can cook off some diced or minced beef in another (small) amount of oil in a very hot pan for only a minute or so. Add to the above recipe and stir, whet lips and devour!!

Wine selection : Crisp new Sauvignon Blanc

15. ...think you mean MEE goreng. "Nasi" is Bahasa Indonesian for rice, "goreng" is fry, therefore fried rice. Mee would be noodles....In any case a dash of the sweet Indonesia soy sauce "kecap manis" makes things that much more authentic...
  16. ramen! oh man, i'm gonna make some in a bit...
  17. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    It does look that way in the picture but I actually like my noodles aldente :p
  18. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Am I the only one who eats Ramen noodles without cooking them?

Break them into bite-size pieces, lick each piece and dip it in the flavor powder, and chow down. Man, I love that.
  19. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    didnt you read my recipe?!!
  20. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Man, memories, not necesscarily all good, right after I closed on my house, I left my job for a "better" offer that didn't pan out. I ended up bouncing arround at 3 or 4 mediocre jobs for a year. I lived on Mac and Cheese supplimented by an occasional Ramen Feast! I added diced provolone cheese, minced onions and summer sausage, not a bad feast.