1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Re-Post Your First-Ever TB Post Here...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ebonalley, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    I realized that by looking at your profile you could review every post that you ever entered on TB and thought it would be funny to see what you wrote when you first "jumped in".

Here's mine from 5/2010

"Does anyone know if Rogues is planning to release a black violin bass? I really like the look of the black Icon however don't want to drop the money. I've seen the other options in black however was still interested in the Rogue."

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I can't seem to go all the way back in the search...

Odd...

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Can only go back 50 pages.

4. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Bummer, maybe there is a 50 pg limit.

5. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    buzz kill :meh:

6. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    From Feburary 2011,
    "Personally, I would get a Epiphone Thunderbird or any Squier Vintage Modified Bass. I own a T-bird and quite versatile and reasonably priced."

7. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Although going back to the start is somewhat of a winning post, if you get the references *L*

8. I found out a few years ago (and they come up on yahoo/google searches too...GULP!! I've slagged off pretty much EVERY musician I've ever been in a band with on here...) :scowl: :bag:

9. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    DFW, TX
    You can search your name ascending instead of descending and it'll go from your first post on. But yes for some of us that have been on here a LONG time it's interesting to take a look into the past like that. It's kind of odd to see I've been a member of Talk Bass for 11 1/2 years. Man was my spelling really horrid then too.

Here's mine from 07-09-2000, 04:05 PM from the thread "Oppinions: Are bassists the most dedicated band members?"

10. Hahah.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    My first post:

How cute...

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Looking at my earlier posts, it seems I really just jumped right in like a regular here.

13. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    This was in answer to the ubiquitous "What's a good metal bass question"

Try for a used Rickenbacker
    What might be worth it to you would be to try and locate a 4003 used Rick. Try local pawnshops, garage sales, that kind of thing. You want to cut through the mix, coupled with extremely fast playability, not overly weighty, so's you can jump around, and have 'that sound' There ain't nutthin' made that'll do the job of a Rick. Just ask Lemmy...LOL

14. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    And first started thread

What would you choose
    OK, in short I have a Roland 100w combo amp that was, up till now, sufficient. However having ,ah, moved on, the new drummer is much more aggressive than the last one, so the little Roland that could now can't. Damn things like 3 months old too. Still has all original factory stickers. Hint
    Time to up gun the situation, without dragging the monster around. That'd be a Mesa 400+ head, Trace 4X10 and 1X15,etc.
    So the contenders are: Mesa Walkabout 1X15, lightest by far, 13 lbs, 300W tubed preamp (YAY) and most expensive ($1600). Trace 1210, 600W 2X10 + horn, 12 band eq, cheapest@ $1350 also the heaviest at a whopping 86.9 LBS. Markbass CMD102P 500W 2X10 w/ tweeter, 44lbs and $1599
    All have passed the 'damn I like it' sound test, with the Mesa getting the edge, and all should solve the schlep factor. Just cuz I gots me a pickmeup truck doesn't mean I gotta stuff it fulla gear everytime I wants ta jam.
    So help me out which one would you choose and why?

15. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I went back and found my first post.

Wow, did I EVER talk out of my ass!

Interestingly, my first 4 posts were on Strings. I guess I had a need at the time?

16. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    bueller.

17. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    04-30-2007, 08:15 AM

I joined specifically to buy a Modulus P Bass. I got scooped and later saw the same bass on Ebay. It was probably for the better, I hated the pickguard and found out later that I also hate black basses.

18. I've been doing a lot of lurking, reading, and gawking at the fantastic pics around here for a while and, with all the info I've been soaking up, never got past the thinking about what I should post. After a good bit, you get so used to searching and finding good answers that, well, you tend to have no need for starting a thread with a question.

Now that I've finished all that browsing, I find that there are some great people around to socialize with and just discuss different aspects of playing so I figured I should jump in somehow...

19. There it is for posterity... So what now? Do I get jumped in or is there some sort of posh ceremony???
    :D