1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[REC] PROGRESSIVE/MATH METAL CONCEPT EPIC "Apparition in the Algorithm"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ten, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Ten

Ten

Oct 3, 2005
    i used to post here a while back, when i was into composing soundscapes and horror soundtracks, and i recognize a few of the posters here now, but for those who dont know:

this is "Apparition in the Algorithm," a song from my new experimental metal band Tactus A. i'm the vocalist. the bassist posts here as well, username Phalanx.

http://www.soundclick.com/raayl

i return all feedback to your recordings as well, just make sure to ask!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The production is pretty bad, that guitar and the fake drums (right?) are compressed so hard, it has absolutely no dynamic. It makes for a difficult listen with so much compression, it has a seasick type of effect. The song itself seems pretty solid, it is almost Nu-Metalish (which is a tad iffy) but more interesting/well thought out. I like the guitar solos, they are pretty out there.... in a good way. Really nice bass tone too, but like I said, the production makes everything a little difficult to make out.

I could see you guys doing pretty good for yourselves with a good recording.