1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend a 0% APR Balance Transfer credit card...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Oct 4, 2008.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    So, as I'm getting more and more into understand just how much money I waste, I'm looking to acquire a second credit card. The reason for that is that my current APR on my only credit card is 11%. A few people have recommended that if I can pay all my debt back within 12 months (which I can), that I might find another credit card with a "0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers" beneficial. After calculating what my 3% transfer fee would be, I've concluded that it would probably be a good idea to at least consider getting a second credit card.

I've checked CitiBank, and I found a card that I liked. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any advice on where I should consider getting a credit card of this type.

2. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    about 3 years ago i got rid of all my credit card debt by doing the balance transfer to a few cards with 0% interest. never had to pay a transfer fee tho. After i did the transfers a few times tho it did become more difficult to find the kind of transfer deal i was looking for. try Chase or Discover
    and after you transfer the money to the new card DO NOT buy anything with it because they do charge interest on the new purchases you make. get a debit card and use that.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if a post is inappropriate, just report it plz. :rolleyes: