Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording/Mixer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Hey
    My band is ready to record some of our songs now and we have the free quartz studio 4 track thing, and it works fine but my band has drums, bass, 2 guitars, keyboard, and vocals. So we need atleast 6 tracks. I was wondering if someone could recommend a cheap but good mixer that would solve our problems, I saw this and it looks good for the price

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-UB802.html

Behringer UB802 Eurorack 8 Input Mixer does any body know if this is good or if it will help us?
    thanks

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Behringer UB802 Eurorack 8 Input Mixer does any body know if this is good or if it will help us?
    thanks

You might want to look one or two models higher if you need to mike everything at once. Only two channels on that board are mike level. It'll work fine if you only need to do two tracks at a time. What soundcard are you using?

3. i dont know what soundcard but we just need something to record like 2 guitars together, maybe with bass too, and like 2 or three mics for the drums. Would this work, if it doesnt can u name somthin that will

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001