1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Redesigned GK NEOs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by belaxa, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Hi, its there somebody here who work in GK ?
    Until december 2007 I am waiting for the arrive of the first NEO212 cab to Argentina. Jamesound it´s my GK dealer here in Argentina, and they order my cab (and head) two months ago. As my dealer say, the ship arrived to the Argentina late june.
    If somebody who work in GK factory can tell me please if GK send in that ship the news NEOs or the older ones. I´m shure its the only one order in months, so it´s easily to track it.
    I don´t wanna to buy the older ones, my plan it´s to buy only one cab, and the addition of another one in the future may be an issue due the unmatched dimensions between the older ones and the redesigned cabs.

2. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I e-mailed them and was told that they would ship the new designs in a about two months.

This is the mail, received July 12th.:

"The NEO112 and 212 have been redesigned. The dimensions are changing slightly so that they can stack on our 410 and 115. These new cabs will be available in about 2½ months."

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Not anymore - he left last year.

But yeah... like Rickenboogie said, the new ones aren't being shipped for a while, so you'll be getting the old one.

4. If somebody knows the dimensions and weight of the new redesigned GK Neos, please post.

5. kalzu87

kalzu87

Jan 15, 2008
    There is a catalog in GK website that at least aroused some confusion when I was researching info about Neo115; I was about to buy it to stack it with my Neo212 but I noticed the new dimensions and weight. The catalog is 2007 but still they are different from the ones I'm familiar with. Now I think I've to go with 112 if I still get the old one (I'm sure I will because I live in Finland :) )

http://www.gallien.com/news_brochures.html

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I don't know the dimensions, but I know the new weight: 50.5 pounds (about 10 pounds lighter, more or less).

Oh, and kalzu... there's a "slightly" newer version that came out a while back, and that's what you see in the catalog. Only the grill was changed. So current Neo 212s don't look like the first runs exactly (different logo... that's pretty much it), but they are the exact same size and weight. I have an old one with the full Gallien-Krueger logo on it, but it's identical to the current ones with the new logo.

The newest versions aren't in the catalog, or anywhere else for that matter...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021