Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remove rust from neck screws

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hiperi0n, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Hello there..there's my first thread here..so nice to meet you all!i'm a bassist from Italy...i just got a bass and the neck screws have some rust...how you think i can remove it?
    someone told me to remove that screws and put in the coke :)
    but i don't want that coke also "eats" metal...what you think i should use?thanx a lot

2. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Hey, welcome!

Something like WD-40. I don't know if you have that over there, but it's basically a light, penetrating oil. Dont' get it on or in the wood though.

Sometimes a good metal polish will work: Brasso, Silvero, Flitz. Or you can use an old toothbrush and a dab of toothpaste to get off the reall bad rust.

Hope this helps.

3. Hello there...thanx for the idea of toothbrush!
    about the WD-40 i dunno what it is...i think we don't have it..or it is called in another way..for what it is used?thanx anyway i will try with toothbrush!! :hyper:

4. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
  5. ehehe great so exist also in Italy..ok i will search for it in shops...for the moment i will try with toothbrush as you said me...thanx man!!