1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Repairing a KRK S10 Sub - Crackling...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chinjazz, Oct 24, 2016.

1. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Hey Folks,

I've got a KRK S10 Sub that had some intermittent crackling (more predominant on turn on).
    But the power amp is working. I bought it used at a low price of $45 with this known issue.

I inspected the board:

[​IMG]

Up Close here's the only obvious issue I saw:

[​IMG]

Seemed like that Diode has some issues..

I sprayed some contact cleaner on it, and sure enough when re-assembled, the crackling went away... And there's no audio signal now. Getting power, just no signal. This being the last step in this particular series of components on the board leads me to think I might be able to cure this with a few surrounding caps, diodes or resisters.

Couple of questions come to mind in the spirit of: (I don't have the $190 to replace the whole back panel, and I've got to brush up on my component t-shooting skills)....

I'm basically looking to ID parts accurately, find a good source for those parts, and give it a try...

Thanks so much in advance of any advice you have!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021