1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Return - The Bass Of Gloom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GodPlayedBass, Oct 26, 2020.

1. @bass-icly me switched the pickups out on my samick jazz (Greg Bennett model)

Stock pickups were switched with squier 70s vibe pickups. This bass boomed before but now it booms MORE and sounds way more clear and juicy. Also it unfortunately has more static (nothing my noisegate pedal cant fix)

Inexpensive bass, so the wiring is probably cheap. This will be an ongoing project of mine. I call it "The Bass Of Gloom" :bassist: it has a broken tuner lol Thanks Chris ! 20201026_192444.jpg 20201026_193206.jpg

CallMeAl, Guild B301 and bass-icly me like this.
  2. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I just got me a Korean Peavey Jazz-style bass. (Is yours Korean?)

Im really happy with mine, balances well and a great neck. I considered new pickups, but just some new pots and mine is singing just how I like it :thumbsup:
    9AB1BA64-0D52-47B4-A335-890A809991C8.jpeg

3. The pots on the OP's bass were cracklin an noisey. I managed to clean them up some with CRC26 electrical spray, but as written above, they're still noisey.

I'm bettin the bass will show up at my place wantin pots and a gold jack. (!!!!):D

Garret Graves likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021