Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker Prices??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I just went to SameDayMusic to price a Rickenbacker 4003 and when I went to the checkout page the price was listed as $1000. I thought these things were much higher than that. Could that be right??

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    They are at list price. But the street price is 35-38% off list which brings it down too around the $1000.00 mark. A great buy at this price.

TD

3. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've usually seen new 4003 around the $1200-1300 mark. $1000 is a good, they are very nice in a quirky niche kinda way :)

4. zerodown1432

zerodown1432

Aug 28, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    zzounds.com has them for ~$1,000 too.

5. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    If you email Musicians Friend to get their price, it is just under $1000 which includes the hard case.

The thing that cracks me up about that is every day on eBay I see people paying $1300 for a sligthly used, 3 year old non-vintage collectable ricky... sheesh.....

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I paid $400 for mine...in roughly comperable shape to what the Jaco "signature" Fender is trying to look like :)

7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    ?????????
    :meh:

8. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I just heard somewhere that Ric had raised their prices...don't know if it is true or not....

9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    You seriously considering a Ric Count? or are you just pricing?

10. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i.e., kinda beaten up.

12. Paul,

I've been thinking about it for years. I'm a big RUSH fan and I've always wanted to get that Geddy sound from 2112. I don't know why I've never bought one.

I'm kind of at a point right now where I think I could spare the cash so I've started pricing them.

A guy at work loaned me a YES CD and Chris Squire has that same gritty sound. There's nothing like it.

I may take the plunge and get a MapleGlo 4003.

13. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This is true. RIC raised their prices by $100.00 on the 4003 and some other models just last week. It's the first increase they've had in 5 or 6 years I believe.

TD

14. apollo11

apollo11

Aug 19, 2004
    New York
    If you are a fan of Geddy, Chris Squire, Roger Glover, you will fall in love with the tone of the Ric. Gorgeous sound, and incomparable build quality for a bass in this price range. The Ric is an extremely addicting bass to play, and the pickup output is incredible. For slightly under $1000, shipping included, you will be amazed at what you get for the money.
    A Ric is the closest thing to a Harley Davidson----you can buy it new and play it for 5 or 10 years, and get what you paid out of it. They do not depreciate. Heck, used on ebay go for more than the cost of new. Buy new---you won't regret the purchase!

15. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I don't know if you'll have the money this weekend, but you never know what you might find at the guitar show Jaime. I saw lots of Rics at the one in the fall.

16. i got mine from a local music store brand new for 950. it came to a little over a grand with tax but it was well well worth it.