Roger Waters p bass opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Nov 12, 2017.

1. my dad was a big Pink Floyd fan and went back and forth between running his own construction company and driving a truck after getting out of the service. Over the summer as a kid on summers he was driving a truck he’d take me on the road with him. We listened to dark side of the moon countless times as other than some RHCP and Aerosmith it was one band we both really liked. Started playing wish you were here for my covers gig recently and watching old shows and the reunion shows. Got me GASing for this bass. There’s also some nostalgia in that I don’t think it’s a coincidence that my dad picked out my first bass which happened to be a black p bass with a maple neck. I dig the black hardware in the body. I’d probably replace the wall sticker with some type of dark side of the moon sticker.
    62D48EC6-0E1B-462F-9E63-3904B5529CA7.jpeg

2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Unless you can make it cooler looking than what's already on there, I'd leave it... nice story, as well as the bass.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  3. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    They are nice basses. The only thing I don't like about the RW signature P Bass is the fact that it has the old style truss rod in the heel of the neck. Other than that it is a very nice sounding and playing bass. It does that the fatter P bass style neck I believe (1.75 nut width), so that is something to consider.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  4. Hmmmm I’m gonna price out a Warmoth. Would be sick to be able to build a 5 string version like that bass.

bordinco90 and Spidey2112 like this.
  5. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    You can. I have a Warmoth P bass and it is amazing! It would cost more than the RW P Bass, but would be better quality.

TN WOODMAN and Nephilymbass like this.
  6. coldfront

coldfront

Jul 26, 2017
    The wall pic on the pick guard is just the plastic cover that protects it during transport....you peel it off. The set up this bass is very nice with the quarter ponder, brass nut and baseball bat neck.....it gives you a very rich dark tone without being muddy. To my ears, I don't hear the mid-tone punch that you are suppose to get with the SPB-3. I really think the brass nut helps to separate and define all the dark lows produced by the pick-up and massive maple neck. Big fan of this P-BASS.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    byoung93888 likes this.
  7. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    How does the neck compare to let's say a 50's type P (Roadworn, Classic ...)?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021