1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe BassPlayer, Apr 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Skip Chucker

Skip Chucker

Dec 9, 2018
    Eastern NC

Man, I've GAS'd over an HT322 for almost 20 years. By the time I could afford one, they're tough to come by. And they weigh more than I think I'm willing to transport...

Fred312b and Joe BassPlayer like this.
  2. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring the spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    20191105_163507.
    Well daddy, it appears that you were there at time of conception. . . How could you forget?
    Nine months later? (2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, just 2 more weeks, etc). The birth announcement, right here, within our very own club thread:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  3. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    LOL :D

I guess that it goes to prove that you never know what your comments might inspire (or produce)!

staccatogrowl likes this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    That was some good research.

steelin4u and staccatogrowl like this.
  5. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

6. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Outrageous!!!

7. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    In a word!

8. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, that puts that bass in a 2013 build! I wonder if that $2199 is on consignment.

9. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    It is sold.

Fred312b likes this.
  10. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I wonder who in this group bought that Roscoe.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    staccatogrowl and steelin4u like this.
  11. Skip Chucker

Skip Chucker

Dec 9, 2018
    Eastern NC
    Should have dropped a note in the electronics compartment to join up!

12. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    Sweet stuff there Joe. I'd only expect the best from you. Fortunately I don't have a bad back, but I still like lighter gear. Even my 2x15 Schroeder cab is only 52 lbs. and it sounds large! And my Mesa M6 amp is 600 watts of lead sled pounding tone at only 25 lbs. I've tried D-Class amps and they leave me wanting that huge pounding tone. For those that haven't experienced it, i guess you'll never know.

staccatogrowl and Joe BassPlayer like this.
  13. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I think the new owner is already an active member in this thread.

14. Hello everyone, I will be joining the club very soon (for now, watching a UPS tracking number will have to do). I have read threads on Roscoes and string preferences (fussiness?), but can't find what I am looking for regarding strings. Mine is a 5- what are the recommended gauges? Only a .125 B? Chromes? I can't seem to find anything from Roscoe stating what the appropriate string is, only that tapers are not recommended (sucks for me, sitting on a bunch of Sadowsky with tapered B's).

15. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    The factory string is basically D'Addario Nickel Rounds. I believe they use a custom gauge for 1 or two strings but they are very, very close to what you can buy off the shelf. I'm using TI Jazz Flats on my fretless, and the 0.136" B works just fine - so you have lots of options available...

kingmusicism likes this.
  16. Thanks- I guess I am most curious as to what gauge they originally ship with. The seller who I purchased from seemed to think it was important, but he didn't have the info for me.

17. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Although there is a 'Balanced Tension' set (never used them...) I believe it's really close to the "Regular Light Gauge" EXL170. 32 - 45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130. To be sure, just call Keith. They'll even sell you a set...

18. Interesting- thanks. I will give him a ring after I spend some time with it. Considering I am buying my first Roscoe used, I don't want to waste any more of his time than necessary. Just looking for a guideline to start with. Thanks!

19. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    If you are whom I think you are :cool: then you were playing D'Addario EXL 170's when you tried mine. I use the "stock" string set and really like it.

Fred312b and kingmusicism like this.
  20. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring the spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Welcome to the club. Roscoe stock strings are D'Addario XL nickel rounds. Their standard gauges for five-string bass are .045, .065, .085, .100, and .125.

I love the tone, balance, and overall feel of the Roscoe rounds. Buying them directly from Roscoe Guitars makes them a great cost-saving deal, and just another reason to phone and talk with the Roscoe crew.

View attachment 3596386

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    kingmusicism and Joe BassPlayer like this.