1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe BassPlayer, Apr 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Skip Chucker

Skip Chucker

Dec 9, 2018
    Eastern NC
    I've never thought about it, but perhaps this is why I really like the LG shape as well. Honestly, it just feels like such a natural shape of a body to play.

And it doesn't hurt that it just has such sexy contours- like the classic coke bottle shape of 1970s era fighter jets.

Oh, and the tone... the tone! :drool::bassist::hyper:

staccatogrowl and Nightman like this.
  2. That bass is at Sam Ash rt22, Springfield, NJ.
    I wish I could buy it but I just got a new Sire jazz. I had no idea something like this existed. I been to Ken Smith, Mike Lull, Warwick and more. But this bass represents true craftsmanship and really is worth the $2199 tag.

SteveC likes this.
  3. 20191105_133524. 20191105_133551. 20191105_133555.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Sounds like it's time to trade in a Sire!

Pacman, gerrywarwick and SteveC like this.
  5. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yep!!

6. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Just wait until you’ve owned one, or two, or.... it doesn’t matter how many! The true joy doesn’t set in until after many hours of playing ‘your’ Roscoe(s)!! :bassist: :thumbsup:
    I wonder how many inquiries of that bass have been received at that Sam Ash store since your post? I’ll make it at least three! ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    gerrywarwick likes this.
  7. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

I don't see it on the Sam Ash Used Gear website...I wonder if it is gone. #wasntme

8. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Crazy that it's in a stand, on the floor, in front of a $189.99 Jackson bass!:jawdrop:
    Put that bass on the wall behind the sales counter!

gerrywarwick, SteveC and steelin4u like this.
  9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    search did not find it....

10. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Trade the Sire...or offer them $1,900 - you might get lucky.
    Honestly, even at $2,199 it's a steal for a Roscoe like that.

gerrywarwick likes this.
  11. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    its still there.

12. It's there and it is on the wall, behind the counter. I put it on the stand for the pic. I played it again today and brought my gen 1 Sire with me, to play against a Fender Elite. It's not fair to compare the Sire or Fender to that particular Roscoe. It's clearly in a different league. The trade in on the Sire still wouldn't get me close enough and my new Sire is only a few weeks old and I really like it. Either way, I'm happy I got the chance to experience this instrument and I'll gladly play it daily until it's gone... or headed home with me somehow, lol.

13. They said it's only been there a few days. They are slow to update the site sometimes.

Fred312b and steelin4u like this.
  14. Call Mike Tagg at 9733765161
    If you want to reserve it. I just spoke to him. I hope it's allowed on the forum. If not, please delete. Thanks

15. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    Spoken like a true Roscoehead! I couldn't agree more, Ray.;)

Nightman likes this.
  16. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    What is the top wood? That's really nice!

17. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like Cocobolo with a Wenge board.

18. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    If only it was a 4 stringer I’d be all over it!!

Freddy-G. likes this.
  19. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Since I’ve started gigging out a bit these days It didn’t take long for even my 45lb Berg HD112 to get heavy going up and down the stairs (and to and from the car.) At any rate I thought that I’d take a chance and try an Aguilar SL112 cab (@25lbs). I liked the sound clips that I’ve heard and preferred it over the Berg Neo's.
    I used it at practice today for the 1st time and loved the sound. Very warm lows and great emphasis on the lower mids. I used it with my Aguilar AG700 and Roscoe Signature SKB 5. Very tight sound!
    At any rate, if any of you Roscoeheads are looking to lighten your load you might want to check one out.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  20. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I’ve had 2 pairs of Aguilar SL112’s, one with a TH500 and one with the AG700, and I agree- they are great little cabs and very easy to schlep. They aren’t the hifi-est, but if you like the Aguilar “modern-vintage” sound, you’ll dig ‘em. Two can really move a lot of air...