Roscoe pictures (from Roscoe Forum)

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by VroomVroom, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Hey 'heads!

We never get enough of gawking at beautiful Roscoes, right? Let's see 'em. I know we have some scattered posts and threads here and there, but with Gard's blessing, I'm thinking this might be the visual version of the 'Sound Clips' thread, where we can share pictures of our own basses.

Took some shots of #5705 this morning. It's got an electronic demon and will be spending the night at the hospital, so it came with me to work today. Coincidentally, I've been playing a bit with my 50mm f/1.8 lens...so, like peanut butter and chocolate, what goes together better than a Nikon and a Roscoe? (You Canon heads in the peanut gallery can politely walk away from that one, if you please.) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On those first two shots I was definitely too trigger-happy @ f/1.8, which resulted in a poor depth of field. It's all about composition, and I'm learning....slowly. :rollno: (And yes, I do consciously align the ends of the strings. Embrace the OCD, baby, embrace it. :oops:) The next two are a bit better, and really show off the beauty of the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just picked up a really cool flash diffuser, so I'm hoping to capture some better pics at home too. For now, here's my best effort on #5520.

[​IMG]

Ok, but enough about me. :smug: Let's see your Roscoes. Adam, Joe...all you cats...I know you've got nice shots of your beautiful instruments. Here's your call to duty! And Dave, you're the ringer of the bunch, so I'm hoping you'll chime in too - your shots are amazing and are an inspiration for hack DSLR junkies like me.

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is about as good as it gets, with my meager skills with a camera.

3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    I'm watching you guys :ninja:

:D

God Bless, Ray

5. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Manager - Zon Guitars
    Here's #5639 in all her glory...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still need to draw a clipping path on the 2nd one and get rid of that ugly background, but... she still looks soooooooo perty.

:hyper:

6. Nice pics, fellas! Adam....man up, dog! We don't need to see blondie (although a brother wouldn't complain) - just the basses. :D

7. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Need and want are very two different things, eh Jerry? :D

8. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Man!

Guys, I've got no pictures to compare to the quality of those. I'll post what I have and try to take some better ones....

S/N 5978:

[​IMG]

The finger board ....

[​IMG]

and the hand signed headstock by Keith!

[​IMG]

S/N 5799:

[​IMG]

A full body shot ....

[​IMG]

And an angle shot ......

[​IMG]

9. CliffD

CliffD Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    Addison your SKB is just KILLER!

10. Here's "Little Red Riding Ho" and "Goldy-licks."

Attached Files:

11. Probably a loose nut under the strap. :D Sorry, Jerry, but you served it up to me on a silver platter. My Roscoes and I hope yours feels better fast.

Gorgeous photos, all.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...is that related to an ID-10-t failure?

:ninja:

13. Adam, back on topic, brother...PTFP. :D :D

(Tangent) The Roscoe is in the hospital and is in the best of care. The tech (Terry Hiatt in San Carlos, CA, for any SF bay area folk who need a recommendation) is familiar with the name but hadn't seen one in the flesh. I hope to have some news by Saturday. (/Tangent)

Dave, that's a heck of a pair you have there. I love looking at Roscoes!

14. I gotta play with 5378 while I wait for 6137. Anybody but Gard wanna play "Guess the top wood" on this one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Couldn't tell ya the wood, could tell ya its as sexy as heck, though.

16. Thank you sir! But aren't they all when they're from Greensboro?

17. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia

Nice looking bass. I haven't got a clue what type of wood the top is but it sure looks nice with the diamondwood fingerboard. Enlighten us .......

18. Thought it would be a stumper because it is a true one-off. It's Zepo (Gard says African in origin), and it's the only piece that they have ever had available to the shop.

19. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Perhaps someday Gard will find the other
    2 species: Groucho & Harpo.

20. ^ Darnit, Pete beat me to it. As he should've, I suppose, but still. :D :D

That is a beautiful bass!

21. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Sorry Jerry, any excuse for me to be a wisea$$! I always take advantage of that. That is a beautiful instrument. Me likey the red strings ta boot (DR's?).