Roscoe "POACHdog" PD 3005 Signature

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by dataBASS5, Aug 19, 2009.

1. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Alright ^^^THIS^^^ is happening, folks! :hyper:

Let the fun begin!

Right now MSRP in my mind is sitting at about $6350!

Greg, you still game? Are you able to hold down your lunch!?! :p

Roscoe Signature PD-3005 destined for Greg's shop! Specs TBA as we go, but here's the top:

Exhibition Quilted Maple Top #5 (Retail = $600)
    1804-RAW-TOP.jpg

Figured Chechen Fingerboard
    chechen%20a.jpg

Spec's added 8/26/09:

LG-3005 #6123
    Quilt Maple #5 Top w/ Wenge Body Shim
    Spanish Cedar Body
    Natural Finish
    Audere Pre
    Roscoe Barts - STRAIGHT position
    ^Keith enjoys this pre/pup combination^
    Std Purpleheart Neck - shaved down THIN profile
    Std 35" Scale Length
    Figured Chechen Fingerboard (pic above)
    No 12th Fret Marker
    Fretted
    Diamondwood Nut
    Chrome Satin Hardware
    Hardshell Case

:bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Subscribing to see the PD Sig come to fruition.

God Bless, Ray

3. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Gulp! I'll play along... $6350 Retail = $4765 actual price, which is at the upper end of the reasonable realm...

:bag:

Show us what ya got!

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Greg, What's the most expensive Roscoe you've sold at Rocket?

I'm assuming this has the potential to be one of them if Adam specs out this Monster at $6,350 :eek:

Adam this sucker better turn the buyer into the bastar'child of Jaco, Wooten, and Tal Wilkenfeld.:smug:

OR Have the ability to "Hum" and double as a ladies "toy" when the buyer is not using it.:D:bag:

God Bless, Ray

5. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I think the most expensive Roscoe I've sold was either my personal Koa Century Sig V, or it might have been one of the two that Adam put in the little lady's hands for photo fun time.

It probably doesn't count if I sold it to myself, does it? :)

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Alright! Gonna be awesome!

7. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Count it, dealer scum! :spit:

--------------------------------------------------------

Now, :eyebrow: do you want me to scale back production on this beast? Think I'm just "testing" the waters!?! I'll do it. . . so help me, I'll do it.

Oh yes, I will. . . mwah ha ha ha ha :D

8. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    It will certainly be easier for me to move if you scale back the beast a bit... just a thought...

9. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Was that a pressure sale?:ninja::rolleyes::D

How long did it take for you to talk yourself into it in the corner of Rocket?

Greg: I wanna Century Sig V NOW! With a Koa Top Too!

SalesGreg: Eh I'm sorry but we dont have that particular configuration in stock. BUT WE CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU!:D

Greg: Damn man How long's that gonna take?:mad:

SalesGreg: I'll have to get a hold of Gard over at Roscoe but don't worry He's a friend of mine and I'm sure we can hook you up quick fast and in a hurry.

Greg: OK Man but hurry up I ain't got all day ya know. I got a guy on the other line about some Barden pickups and some DR strings.

SalesGreg: Gard says that configuration will take 4-6 weeks to complete.:eek:

Greg: WHAAA?:confused:

SalesGreg: But if you'll order it from me instead of Blueberry Hill, I'll treat you to a case of Bud Light on Me. MMKAY? Oh and my buddy Gard said he'd treat us both to some ribs or sushi YOUR CHOICE. And I Will PERSONALLY drive you to Greensboro to pick it up.

Have we got a deal?

Greg: This is a poor excuse for a music store man, Y'all don't even stock the simple stuff I want. DAYUM:mad:.................................................................
    Who owns this dump?

SalesGreg: BUUUUURRRRRRRPPP!!!! That'd be myself. Have one of these Buds and think it over.

Greg: OK Man ring it up but I ain't paying you until delivery. And that Bud better be COLD! I ain't drinkin' the hot stuff. And I damn sure can't handle them Fat Tires, Who do you think I am, this Buddy of yours "Gard"? He's got a rep ya know.

OK Greg, How far am I off?

:bag:

:D

God Bless, Ray

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Ah, Ray, you TOTALLY missed the "how am I going to explain this to the wife" angle :) That's by far my biggest consideration when I mess with this sort of stuff for myself. At some point, the missus must be informed :bawl: Of course, SalesGreg has little to offer to alleviate that problem, other than empathy and a shoulder to cry on.

My latest angle is "But, darling sweetheart, I'll be able to sell so many MORE Roscoes because I own a Roscoe myself..." Which is genuinely true, because there's no higher praise I can give a manufacturer than to play their stuff. Not that me playing someone's bass/pedal/amp means a hill of beans to the manufacturer, just if I play it personally then I obviously believe in the line. That definitely carries some weight with my customers.

Anyway, that's the tack I'm going to take when I let the wife know about my new fretless... which I unfortunately can't do until somebody BUYS MY WARWICK!!!! :help:

11. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Very much so, considering you have so many incredible basses within hands reach, that you chose Roscoe does say something.

12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Well, that's pretty insightful for an Irishman... Oh, wait, I made that point initially. Never mind :eek:

That's pretty insightful for an Appalachian hillbilly like myself :D

13. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Now that I think about it, it seems to be a trend with Roscoe dealers to own Roscoes themselves, hmmm..........

14. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, they're pretty hard to resist. I fell in love as soon as the first one arrived. From then on, it was pretty much just a question of when I'd own one (or two), not if...

15. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    So Adam - let's see the specs that a caged PoachDog creates...

16. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Maybe they become Roscoe dealers b/c they want to get Roscoes for themselves at a discount rate. Hmmm.

17. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Any decent salesman will use the products they sell to have practical application theories, It's just good business and a TAX WRITEOFF!:D

Just so happens your products are custom Roscoe basses and not hemorrhoid cream.;) I wish I could be so lucky:p.

And Greg I wouldn't take a "tack" when you let your wife know of the fretless (Unless she likes to play pin the tail on the Roscoe salesman) but I would try and use some tact.:ninja::D.

Good luck selling the 'wick and please don't take me serious.

+1 Where you at Poach, I've had time to derail your thread and insult Greg and everything.

God Bless, Ray

18. I'd just like to note that my man, Darkstrike, is very Irish for an insightfulman.

19. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    And I'm loling, for real, has to be added to the collction!:hyper:

20. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Here, Poachy, Poachy... Here, Poachy... Poachy?... POACHY?!?... POACHY!?!?!?!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021