1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rush'ed up my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mustang-monk, Feb 28, 2008.

1. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    So i decided to make my bass a little nod to rush and geddy lee, the main reason i bought the thing. Picked up 3 stickers off ebay (i got a spare rush logo sticker in case i messed it up and the 2112 star guy if i didn't like the rush sticker) they cost me $6 inc shipping from canada to the UK which is a pretty good price. They look painted on unless you really go up close. Just thought id post some pics for pics sake.

SL371337.

SL371338.

SL371339.

SL371340.

2. do you play in a rush tribute band?

3. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I would never in 10 million years put the name of some band or musician on my bass – and God forbid, no "Stinglay" – but it does look like your stickers worked out pretty well, at least in those photos. They almost look painted on.

4. of my first bass. When I was 14 I had a Hohner four string that I stripped the paint from, repainted black and white and green and all kinds of colors. Repainted it and clear coated it with floor sealer... which turned sort of blue. It looked terrible. So I stickered it up and glued a toy bird to the pick guard at one point. It had a bunch of holes in the horn where the strap peg had pulled out because I jumped around too much playing it.

I am thirty five now... and I sort of miss that thing. If I can find a pic of it I will post it.

And my Ken Rose 5 String doesn't have a blessed mark on it :D

5. I think it looks good. Goes with the color scheme nicely. Personally I wouldn't put a band name on my bass, but then again I don't find anything but natural finishes attractive. Overall, I would play that bass on stage and not be ashamed.

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I wouldn't have put the Rush one on. It looks to me, out of place.

But 2112 man looks good.