Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SADOWSKY SADOWSKY SADOWSKY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I'm thinking that Roger needs to do a 4 and 5 string P or P/J Metro. That will complete the sequence for him to take over the BASS WORLD!!!! Also, I'll have a nice new 5 string P/J 5. :hyper: :D

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Roger needs to do a mid control ... semi-para would be very cool. Although it's too late for me ... it'll be a week or two before I can order another one (not that I'm complaining, the tone of that new one simply rules). I'm thinking Olympic White Vintage, or something.

3. I think that one of the coolest features about his pre is that it's only 2 band. Maybe as an option like the VTC.

4. AMEN!!! I would love to have a Metro in P/J configuration!!!

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah i think a PJ Metro would do very well. I hope Roger designs a dual or quad coil Humbucker that could be used in a J/MM Sadowsky set up.

6. MAJOR METAL

Did you hear about the new outboard preamp being designed with a 3 band option?.

7. Did you just bought a P/J??

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    LOL Me too! Soon. ;)

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes I did. I believe my response was something like, "When is he going to put it in a bass?"

10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I like the 2 band. I use the mid on my demeter in my rack if i need mids, which I never seem to need. LOL. Would love to get another pj, btw. Should have not sold my lake placid blue pj. One Sadowsky I wish I had back for sure

Rob

11. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I have one coming :p No, you can't have it! LOL

12. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I don't miss the mid control AT ALL, but if Roger did offer a P/J metro, I would probably buy one as a back up to my #1 baby 4 string NYC P/J 4. In the meantime, I will just have to figure out how to save up enough money for a new NYC!!!

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I like mid controls, especially ones that are switchable or semi-parametric.

14. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    On 1/3/05 5:54 AM I sent this question to Sadowsky:

... I'd be interested in hear from you about a possible new preamp with mid freq. Is it true that you are working on this? If so, what would be the specs and when will it be available?

and I got this answer from Kevin@Sadowsky:
    "We are working on a outboard preamp with a sweepable mid frequency ... however, I doubt we’ll ever be introducing this feature as an onboard installation."

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i used to think so too, but after a while, i realized that the bass not only gives you that weighty fat bottom end, but also a nice lower mid punch that no other onboard, let alone preamp has done for me.

again, still awaiting on the sadowsky 1U preamp, but we'll see...

16. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Me too, until I bought my Metro and played it at rehearsal. I don't miss the mid control on my Laklands at all.

17. Mid freq might be a cool option... as long as the original pre never, ever changes or goes away, it really works TOO well.

18. MAJOR METAL

I have found backing off the bass control helps but their is alot of great low end on these basses.

19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I thought the bass was boost only. How do you back off? Or are you talking at the amp?

Tom.

20. MAJOR METAL

Yeah backing of the boost.