1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sampling and foot switches

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by roccobladr, Apr 29, 2010.

1. roccobladr

roccobladr

Aug 17, 2009
    Im in a cover band and we are going to start using some samples while playing live. The thing is that we dont want to have to buy/use a laptop while playing live.

Im looking for something like Roland SP-404SX
    where I can just put an SD card loaded with the samples I want then be able to hit the button live and have it play through the PA.

The only problem with that is that I would want to be able to hook up a MIDI foot controller to be able to trigger the samples instead of having to stop playing bass and use my finger to press a sample.

2. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I have been looking for a footswitch-controlled sampler for a while now.

<subscribed>

3. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Why don't you just get a loop pedal (JamMan) that takes CF cards, program the samples onto certain tracks, make yourself a list of what's where, and use that? That's what we do for our goofy between songs stuff, and we'll eventually use it to double the guitar parts :) easy peasey!

4. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    That sampler has a MIDI input. The manual is too massive for me to download right now, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's used for outboard triggering.