1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sansamp bddi???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joshuadriller, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    How well would the preamp on this pedal sound going into my solid state amp with a passive bass? I'm looking to turn my jazz into an active bass

2. It will work and sound just fine, but it will not turn your bass into an active bass. to make you bass active you would need to add active electronics to the bass itself. There should be quite a few manufacturers who offer these and a search here would probably turn up lots of good info

3. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    Very well.

I'm running a passive Jazz into various pedals, one of them being the BDDI, and into a GK rb1001-II. I you don't want any cab simulation or dirt, but only a clean EQ, then set the blend at 0. This will bypass the Sansamp tube-emulation, but the EQ section will still be active.

4. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    The reason I'm askin is because I have some pedals that work really well with my active stingray but not with my jazz. So I'm looking to boost the signal of my bass for the pedals. Plus you can sweet tones out of the sansamp

5. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    Would it work for that?

6. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    It would boost your signal , yes, but be cautious, it's not the same as an active bass output. I have destroyed one piece gear that was apparently not designed to accept what comes out of my sans-amp. (I could be wrong about the cause, but that's what I was doing when it failed)

Generally the sans amp comes at the end of the signal chain.

7. eagle67

eagle67

Nov 12, 2010
    The Sansamp BDDI will do what you want it to do. It will act as a preamp. So just plug your bass into the BDDI, and use the 1/4" output to plug into your pedals. Then plug the output of the pedal into the "Effects Return" usually found on the back of your amp. You can also plug into the normal amp input instead of the effects return, but be careful. The signal could be too strong for the amp. (See the directions in the Sansamp manual)

8. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    I have another question, I have gk 210 combo with 115 daisy chained. On the head of the amp it has two inputs active and passive. If I'm running through the sansamp what input should I use?

9. The active input on those amps is merely a -15dB input. It doesn't matter what kind of a bass you put through either jack.

10. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    Thanks for clearing that up, I've always wondered but couldn't find any info about that

11. It seems to come up pretty frequently. Although, I will say that for some reason the active input sounds better to me than the passive input. :meh: Maybe it's just my amp... :bassist:

12. Joshuadriller

Joshuadriller

Apr 30, 2011
    Kansas City
    No you're right. It sounds better on mine too