Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCN

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Feb 1, 2006.

1. I just ordered my first set to SCN pickups.They'll go on my Moon JB 5.I can't wait.I hear they are great.If I like them I'll put them into my Modulus Jazz 4 as well.Is anyone else trying them out too?

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Samarium Cobalt Noiseless come stock on deluxe Fender basses ( all active MIA basses execpt Marcus v bass) The scn pups are warmer than the "noiseless" pups and sound even more vintage. I think you will be very satisfied with your choice!

3. I just bought some for my American Deluxe 5. I'm really excited because all the reviews I've read on the web praise these new pickups. Bill Lawrence, original designer, knows what he is doing when it comes to pickup building so I trust what he puts his stamp of approval on.

4. I'm interested in buying scn's too, but couldn't find them on the fender site. Where did you order them?
    Thanks

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  6. I have a set of 5 string scns that I'm selling.They would have required routing to fit into my bass.That's why I did not put them in.