Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCORE!! Trace Elliot V8 coming in!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phyrexian, May 3, 2005.

1. Oh my oh my oh my oh my... I just scored a Trace Elliot V8 on ebay (Germany). I'm so happy you can't believe it! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I know this amp is very very rare; it's the first one I ever seen for sale and can't believe I just got it.

This one is gonna replace my Ampeg SVT-3 Pro (which I love).
    I'll post pictures as soon as I pick this baby up.

I'm gonna use this amp with two Peavey 410TVX cabinets (8 ohm each). Anybody else using this amp with two 8 ohm cabs? The connection is kinda awkward since one output is jack and the other is XLR.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    /me is very hyper!

[​IMG]

2. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    is there a difference between the old and new TE V8's?

3. No idea. Are there any new ones? I didn't knew they were producing new ones. There are some different models on the market though with different shells.

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Remo, theres new V8's? =/

I hate you :p I missed out on getting a V8 a little while ago, still wish I had it (bar the weight).

5. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I don't have one dude if that's what you're thinking!

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    No no, I meant the thread starter :p

Sorry for consusion ;)

7. Mika

Mika Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Nice score!

You can daisy-chain your cabs. Connect a regular 1/4" speaker cable from the head to the first cab and another regular 1/4" speaker cable from the first cab to the second cab.

8. AFAIK there were no "different" versions of the V8... although the last few made had oval badges instead of rectangular. Mine was one of the first that shipped across the pond (received in early 2000). The UK plant was closed before a lot of the V8 amps were sold. Here's the pre-requisite pic:

[​IMG]

9. Theres only one jack on the back of those peavey cabs

10. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    So add another one! It's not that difficult.

11. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    You are one lucky dude. Congratulations! I doesn't get much sweeter than that.

GAS returning....gotta go take some tums.

12. Going to go look at the phil jones tube head or something? Haha.

13. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  14. Mika

Mika Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Then an XLR-1/4" speaker cable should be used for one cab and a regular 1/4" speaker cable for the other.

15. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Scored a V8 huh? Well......YOU SUCK!.............. ;) Just kidding...sorta... :D

Actually congrats! I wish I could find one. I have a chance to pick up a V-type hybrid head for $200! :eek: Doesn't compare to an all tube V-series head but still nice so....... :spit: ............................ :p

16. Thanks for the replies. Pictures are coming soon. I'll use both the XLR jack and the jack-jack since, like said before, the Peavey cabs have only a input jack.

Does anyone have an idea about how many of these amps were ever made?

17. How much do these things usually end up costing. The V8 is the only amp that I'm interested in seriously looking into. It'd either be a V8 or a GBE1200 if I were to step up to that level of power.

18. No idea actually. I bought it for 1200 euro's and it looks brandnew (hardly used). The original owner (1st) said he bought it for 1700 euro's new. Are they more expensive in the USA?

19. Pictures added from the owner. I'll shoot my own ones next week. These are a little blurry but you get the message...

Pictures are at post #01.

20. Mika

Mika Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    At least the V8 has a couple more handles on the top panel, but I still don't understand why the V-Type heads don't have side-mounted spring handles like the stainless steel chassis Valve series heads. :scowl:

I guess it's time to have a case made for my V6.