1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SD STK-J2N Wiring with a blend pot and orientation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by aftec, Mar 2, 2013.

1. aftec

aftec

Feb 16, 2013
    Looking for some help fellas.

First of all, how should I decide the orientation of a STK-J2 neck pickup? The cover came off and it can be put on both ways, either the wires coming off the left or the right side. Does it matter which orientation the pickup is installed?

Secondly, I was not able to find a schematic for the wiring of this pickup with a bass utilizing a Blend knob. The blend should work with an MM style pickup (SMB4a). It's a Master volume (pull passive), blend, stacked treble/bass setup.
    Which wires to use together and which to connect as hot and ground?

2. aftec

aftec

Feb 16, 2013
    No one seems to know, I did some further research, in case someone else needs it, please find below.

The pickup can be installed either way. I would recommend to install it with the wire out closer to the cavity.

The pickup should be wired series, meaning, red and white soldered together and taped, bare and green goes to ground, black goes to blend.