Seeking a bass player in NYC

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Richard Groff, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Richard Groff

Richard Groff

Feb 7, 2004
    New York
    Hi, I'm the guitarist in a hard rock band in NYC and we are looking for a bass player in the Geezer meets Cliff vein.

Writing is appreciated and encouraged but not required. We have a rehearsal space, booked gigs (and can book a whole lot more), are very industry connected and seeking the right fit.

There are mp3 files (recorded with an underpowered PA and a single mic to a MD recorder) on

(please note that the bass players bass parts had to be written by us because he is incapable of doing anything but play the guitar riff)

We are focused hard working and tolerant people, but please don't bother if:

1) you think you play rock because you once played "Iron Man" in your music school Spyro Gyro coverband;
    2) your rig can't be heard over a loud radio in the next room;
    3) you are in 6 bands and can't leave town to play;
    4) feel uncomfortable with socially and culturally oriented material;
    5) think Black Sabbath is just 'ok', but Dream Theater is simply the greatest & heaviest band in the universe;

otherwise we are very open and looking to welcome the right person into the family

if interested, please contact:

Richard Groff

BTW, you are probably perfect for this band if:

1) you hate lazy band members and singers who can't sing;
    2) you've read "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" AND know what band recorded "Anthems to the Welken at Dusk"
    3) wish you could join a band where "industry connected" doesn't mean you'll have to churn out cheezy pop tunes written by a producer and pretend to be "alternative"
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dam, i'm out

3. Just listened to the MP3's-Damn, I wish I lived in NYC!